Quote:
Originally Posted by BStyles
One to four revolutions per hour? This is an office tower, not a ballerina. Besides, tenant occupancy would cause an offset of weight which would crumble the tower from the inside out. Remember, the concrete core is secured to the bedrock. and the steel is welded both to bedrock and the core steel. That would be impossible any way you put it.
|
...which is precisely why I said "if technology could allow for it."
Hypothetically, my dear Watson.
Seriously, though:
Can it be done above bedrock level?
For instance, build the base and tower to maybe about ten floors up. Then, using the same technological principles that allow for revolving rooftop restaurants, put in the mechanism, which I would think might have to be integrated into the structure's core in order for it to work.
Make the revs slow, like 90° clockwise per day...or at a rate unnoticeable to tenants/occupants, yet sufficient so that no one from any vantage point into the city would have to wait too long to see the diamonds.
Again, this is all what if. I know well nigh squat about architecture and construction.