How is it that this site was not shut down immediately after the first accident?
That is a major near miss and one would think, seeing how public it was and the fact that an insurance claim from the motorist is bound to be an outcome, that WCB and / or the city would have heard about it very quickly via emergency response or ICBC and therefore shut down the site for assessment / inspection. For goodness sake they even clearly damaged city property!
I have witnessed far less serious near misses that have shut down major sites instantly.
In fact if there is not a toilet present on a job site for every 20 workers WCB will even shut it down immediately.
I am really scratching my head that they were able to immediately resume work and then cause a second accident.
Wow. Just finding out about this now (was in MTL for the weekend). I can't believe the quote from the excavator operator, that is hilarious! (only because no one was hurt)
Looks like it's moving forward, 310 unitsin two buildings, appropriate height for the area at just over 60m, a little disappointed by the size of the retail component though at less then 18K sqft right across from the casino/stadium/hotels. The updated design is certainly an improvement over the original design.
Seems like the Denman Coast hotel is also moving forward, the proposal will see another 314 rental units enter the West End. No timeline except when the hotel ceases operations, I would imagine that the owners would know when that is.
Thanks - that is a bit weird for Colours - that one tower within the curve will have everyone staring into it - based on Vancouver planners wanting to prevent overlook - maybe that whole side will be spandrel panels!! I guess they had to comply with height restrictions and put the density somewhere.
Thanks - that is a bit weird for Colours - that one tower within the curve will have everyone staring into it - based on Vancouver planners wanting to prevent overlook - maybe that whole side will be spandrel panels!! I guess they had to comply with height restrictions and put the density somewhere.
Perhaps that central tower will have offices facing the residential?
Walked by Cosmos this evening, I was surprised by how far along the excavation has gotten, looks like they are almost 2 floors belong grade.
Here's a rendering I don't believe has been posted here before for 47 Nelson St which is also parcel 5b in NEFC and is directly across from the above one on Terry Fox way.
Walked by Cosmos this evening, I was surprised by how far along the excavation has gotten, looks like they are almost 2 floors belong grade.
Here's a rendering I don't believe has been posted here before for 47 Nelson St which is also parcel 5b in NEFC and is directly across from the above one on Terry Fox way.
yup Concord seems to be going all out on this puppy....and looking at their upcoming short term inventory all they have is this project downtown under construction where they used to have 2-4+ towers under construction at ALL times. So looking at their site >> http://www.concordpacific.com/condos/project-updates.htm it says COSMO - Completion date July 2010....so this one will rise very very fast.....we should see a tower crane on site any day now I would thinks.....
And what about Panorama? 4 more towers? Plus the casino and BC Place construction all in that area. I wonder if they are planning on started to dig any time soon.
yup Concord seems to be going all out on this puppy....and looking at their upcoming short term inventory all they have is this project downtown under construction where they used to have 2-4+ towers under construction at ALL times. So looking at their site >> http://www.concordpacific.com/condos/project-updates.htm it says COSMO - Completion date July 2010....so this one will rise very very fast.....we should see a tower crane on site any day now I would thinks.....
So obviously that date is impossible - they are still below grade. I'm assuming they mean "Completion: July 2011"?
Saw an ad in the paper for that stalled project on Robson @ Nicola - looks to be starting again. The small building at the back is an 880 sq ft townhouse.
Saw an ad in the paper for that stalled project on Robson @ Nicola - looks to be starting again. The small building at the back is an 880 sq ft townhouse.