Quote:
Originally Posted by CLC
Canada Line is also way busier than most "express" airport rail elsewhere, and given the uncomfortably in a packed train at peak hours, I tend to agree that the surcharge is somewhat questionable.
|
The Canada Line, with a daily ridership that now reaches 103,000, already breaks even on its operational costs...I'd say the surcharge to get out of the airport is just a money grab from tourists. It's no longer necessary to have any sort of airport surcharge to break even on the operational costs of the Canada Line...that is, until more trains are added into regular service for a much-needed higher frequency.
The mentality that we should — our visitors dry is a bit wrong.
And considering how packed the trains get, being not just an airport line but also a mainly a busy commuter line, is it really worth that $5.00? At that point, I'm sure some will consider taking a taxi.