HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1681  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2010, 8:32 PM
wrenegade's Avatar
wrenegade wrenegade is offline
ON3P Skis
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lower Lonsdale, North Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,594
Does anyone know the current height/floor limits for areas 1B, 2B, 3C, and 1A, 3A, 3B? I would assume the first 3 areas (dark blue) would be the same, then stepping down 2 (or more) stories as you get close to the water?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1682  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2010, 8:40 PM
Locked In's Avatar
Locked In Locked In is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,977
These diagrams below are from the SEFC - Official Development Plan from April, 2007 (see page 43).

It looks like some height amendments were made to 3C 2008 - see the report here.





The larger size images are here and here.

Last edited by Locked In; Apr 7, 2010 at 8:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1683  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2010, 8:44 PM
wrenegade's Avatar
wrenegade wrenegade is offline
ON3P Skis
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lower Lonsdale, North Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,594
You're a 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 rockstar. Awesome. Am I correct to assume the possible increase in heights would be added to all of the towers, with the podiums likely staying the same? Feel free to call me out on being lazy, I should find the community plan somewhere and read through the whole thing.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1684  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2010, 8:56 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,782
The project on the BK site was to be called Q1, but it stalled with the recession.

http://www.6717000.com/q1/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1685  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2010, 9:35 PM
cabotp cabotp is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbertram View Post
And further north is the McD's.

Both sites slated for redevelopment.

Oh, the Humanity!
Can we live without our daily dose of Drive-Through Instant Gratification?
Are both sites slated for redevelopment. From what I can gather from that picture the sites in dark blue are slated for redevelopment. Although that could change in the future.

It would just seem weird without the McD's there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1686  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2010, 10:03 PM
Zassk Zassk is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,303
McD could be the ground-floor tenant in any new high rise. No need to break with our precious McD history.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1687  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2010, 10:55 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,782
I keep forgetting to mention - the buildings at Olympic Village have roller blinds that they've [ulled down to block the sun - different colours - but just a few colours per building. Looks OK - one building is a bit drab - brown and orange/brown.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1688  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2010, 11:02 PM
SpikePhanta SpikePhanta is offline
Vancouverite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,483
I used to either go to Burger King or McDonalds after going to Science World.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1689  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2010, 1:28 AM
jsbertram jsbertram is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabotp View Post
Are both sites slated for redevelopment. From what I can gather from that picture the sites in dark blue are slated for redevelopment. Although that could change in the future.

It would just seem weird without the McD's there.
Looking at the building layouts on the diagrams, nothing lines up with whats already built along Main & Quebec. With an apparent greenway and a 10 story building on or near the McD's site, I think it's days are numbered.

Burger King will disappear whenever Q1 starts construction.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1690  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2010, 1:34 AM
jsbertram jsbertram is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
The project on the BK site was to be called Q1, but it stalled with the recession.

http://www.6717000.com/q1/
Funny how the Q1 website is working fine, but the Beedie Group and Mac Marketing Solutions links are dead sites.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1691  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2010, 4:53 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zassk View Post
McD could be the ground-floor tenant in any new high rise. No need to break with our precious McD history.
they wouldn't want to give up the drive thru - that place does crazy business when the bars close
__________________
belowitall
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1692  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2010, 5:40 AM
giallo's Avatar
giallo giallo is offline
be nice to the crackheads
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 12,749
^Indeed. We used to hit up the BK and McDs after a night out. Although they always came second and third after Wendy's on Broadway and Cambie.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1693  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2010, 3:50 PM
wrenegade's Avatar
wrenegade wrenegade is offline
ON3P Skis
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lower Lonsdale, North Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,594
I just read through this thread again from start to finish. Really amazing what was accomplished in the OV. I can't wait to start to see the rest of SEFC being built out. Hopefully I'll have a front row seat for a bunch of it, I am really happy with James and look to be buying a north facing unit there. Woo!

Also, reading back some of the more recent pages, there were a couple posts regarding WCFC with Wall using STIR to get that started again. It was mentioned that construction might even start in April. Has anyone heard further as to this?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1694  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2010, 6:35 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbertram View Post
Funny how the Q1 website is working fine, but the Beedie Group and Mac Marketing Solutions links are dead sites.
That's just the real estate agent's website that I posted. The actual developer website would have been the Beedie Group website that is hyperlinked on the real estate agent's webpage.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1695  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2010, 6:35 PM
sacrifice333 sacrifice333 is offline
Vancouver User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by awvan View Post
I can't wait to start to see the rest of SEFC being built out. Hopefully I'll have a front row seat for a bunch of it, I am really happy with James and look to be buying a north facing unit there. Woo!
Great building with some very cool amenities... business lounge, concierge, "UP" lounge, neat built-ins, included washer / dryers, and A/C.

Primary things I didn't like were the countertops, lack of radiant heating, and lack of interior fireplaces.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1696  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2010, 11:36 PM
cabotp cabotp is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbertram View Post
Looking at the building layouts on the diagrams, nothing lines up with whats already built along Main & Quebec. With an apparent greenway and a 10 story building on or near the McD's site, I think it's days are numbered.

Burger King will disappear whenever Q1 starts construction.
I was thinking the same thing that the building lay out just does not match what is there. I thought maybe I was off by a block. But then you can see science world. So I can see where Quebec street is.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1697  
Old Posted Apr 8, 2010, 11:39 PM
cabotp cabotp is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
^Indeed. We used to hit up the BK and McDs after a night out. Although they always came second and third after Wendy's on Broadway and Cambie.
I used to work at the BK. Was quite fun doing the club rush.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1698  
Old Posted Apr 9, 2010, 1:26 AM
jlousa's Avatar
jlousa jlousa is offline
Ferris Wheel Hater
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,371
Don't think you'll be seeing a fireplaces in any new Vancouver developments.

Not sure what the plan with WCFC is as Wall seems to be currently concentrating on the 2300 (Kingsway and Nanaimo). I would not be surprised if WCFC were to be delayed a tad longer though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1699  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2010, 1:56 AM
Locked In's Avatar
Locked In Locked In is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,977
The new park to the west of the Olympic Village is open now too. It's quite neat. I walked through around 6pm tonight and it was decently busy for being in the middle of nowhere.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1700  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2010, 4:28 PM
ckkelley's Avatar
ckkelley ckkelley is offline
Bridge Walker!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: The Forest City
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
Don't think you'll be seeing a fireplaces in any new Vancouver developments.

Not sure what the plan with WCFC is as Wall seems to be currently concentrating on the 2300 (Kingsway and Nanaimo). I would not be surprised if WCFC were to be delayed a tad longer though.
Why no fireplaces?

That was high on the feature list when I was looking for my current condo.
__________________
Just chimin' in.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:03 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.