HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Mar 26, 2010, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Dog View Post
Or how about best place to "pre-game it" to smash beers before one pays $7-9 beers at D-Backs/Suns or some other event...

My buddies and I usually go to Steve's Greenhouse Grill (I believe that it's entire name). Its on Adams between 1st and 2nd St. They usually have something like 6 or 7 dollar burger and bee before the games.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2010, 4:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempe_Duck View Post
My buddies and I usually go to Steve's Greenhouse Grill (I believe that it's entire name). Its on Adams between 1st and 2nd St. They usually have something like 6 or 7 dollar burger and bee before the games.
good beer specials, yes. Food and service are both bad. Food I just found to be bland, but the two times I have been there I received an angry woman and a cracked out guy who brought us the wrong food, twice.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2010, 4:45 PM

Pre-gaming should also be done at The District. They have happy hour from 4-7 every week day and that means their small plates (which are very filling) are about $5 and their drinks range from $3-$7 depending on your tastes. Plus, it is a short walk to the arena/ballpark

Old Posted Mar 26, 2010, 4:56 PM

Switch and Maizies should be added to the "gayest" place list. Maizies has an amazing 3$ Burger night on Monday nights.

Kobalt has a pretty kick ass happy hour on Friday evenings. good place to kick off the weekend. (if your gay) lol..

Old Posted Mar 26, 2010, 5:17 PM

no, fez is still the gayest place. In fact, I have a theory that the only way you will ever get good service there is if you are gay. When my wife and I go, we get terrible service. If I take a guy friend, our service is amazing. Just sayin...

Switch doesn't seem gay at all. A lot of them go there, but the vibe is not gay. They have the food network on the tv. I know it's not ESPN but it's better than the shit they show on the projector at Fez.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2010, 5:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynnjamin View Post
no, fez is still the gayest place. In fact, I have a theory that the only way you will ever get good service there is if you are gay. When my wife and I go, we get terrible service. If I take a guy friend, our service is amazing. Just sayin...

Switch doesn't seem gay at all. A lot of them go there, but the vibe is not gay. They have the food network on the tv. I know it's not ESPN but it's better than the shit they show on the projector at Fez.
I have to agree with this wholeheartedly. I used to go to Switch 3-5 times and never felt awkward there. Fez though (and Ticoz now that I think about it) I only am well taken care of and only feel right when I am with my gay brother (not gay black guy, my actual brother.)

Also, read my review of Switch to find out why I no longer will visit after going 3-5 times a week for over a year.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/switch-phoen...HfBIEo43Hzos2w

Old Posted Mar 26, 2010, 6:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthScottsdale View Post
Switch and Maizies should be added to the "gayest" place list. Maizies has an amazing 3$ Burger night on Monday nights.

Kobalt has a pretty kick ass happy hour on Friday evenings. good place to kick off the weekend. (if your gay) lol..
I didn't know Kobalt served food. I'm not gay but I'm always looking for more options I can get to without a car. I think I've exhausted about all of them.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2010, 6:49 PM

^ I don't know about Kobalt serving food either.

Fez is too snotty for my taste. I won't patronize them again either, for different reasons than you guys. Trust me, it's not just straight people they won't serve well.

On the other hand, Ticoz has always treated me right.

--don

Old Posted Mar 26, 2010, 6:55 PM
BANNED

Ticoz on Monday's for $1 bbq sliders and cheap mojitos = omg.

Unfortunately all the staff there is borderline trannies

Old Posted Mar 26, 2010, 8:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
good beer specials, yes. Food and service are both bad. Food I just found to be bland, but the two times I have been there I received an angry woman and a cracked out guy who brought us the wrong food, twice.
Ah, the people who work there love me and my friend for some reason, so we get good service, plus we always site at the bar. Maybe they treat us different then. The food to me is average bar grub, nothing more nothing less.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2010, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
Ticoz on Monday's for $1 bbq sliders and cheap mojitos = omg.

Unfortunately all the staff there is borderline trannies
LMAOATSOTM!!!

--don

Old Posted Mar 29, 2010, 5:37 PM

Kobalt doesn't serve food, I was just saying they have a kick ass happy hour on fridays.. $2.75 margaritas. $2 beers. can't beat it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest