HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation


View Poll Results: We should bid for...
the FIFA World Cup with other Canadian cities. 17 42.50%
another World's Fair. 7 17.50%
the Summer Olympics, with a Seattle joint bid. 1 2.50%
the Summer Olympics, Vancouver/BC bidding alone. 15 37.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Mar 4, 2010, 5:49 AM
jlousa's Avatar
jlousa jlousa is offline
Ferris Wheel Hater
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,371
I'd love to see the World Cup in Canada and expect that it'll happen within my lifetime, it's not something a city bids for it's done as a country, we'd obviously play 2nd or 3rd fiddle. I do think we'd be able to handle the Summer games solo come 2028 but just don't see it happening.

As unlikely as it is I'd love to see F1 come to Vancouver and race along our downtown core, the setting would be more impressive then the number of complaints the city would receive. Heck I'd be willing to share our race bi-annually with Montreal if they'd share.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:52 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.