HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy

Old Posted Feb 22, 2010, 9:11 PM

Vancouver's Best Buildings To Rent In

I'm finally planning on moving out of my parents house and spread my wings. I'm looking for a nice tall tower in the downtown core to call home. My budget is in between $1,000-$1,500. I've been looking around and so far I'm interested in the Metropolitan Towers on Seymour Street and the newly constructed Alto on Howe Street. I'm hoping you guys can help me find some hidden gems here in our beautiful city.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2010, 3:42 AM
Ferris Wheel Hater

For that budget you have a wide range, from an old 1bd in the westend to a few yr old 1bd around Yaletown at both ends of your scale. Chose the location you want first and work from there.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2010, 3:46 AM
Vancouver User

I really enjoyed my time at C-side in Coal Harbour (1288 W Cordova). Unbeatable location and value for the area. Depends on your flavour though...

Old Posted Feb 23, 2010, 5:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanTowers View Post
I'm finally planning on moving out of my parents house and spread my wings. I'm looking for a nice tall tower in the downtown core to call home. My budget is in between $1,000-$1,500. I've been looking around and so far I'm interested in the Metropolitan Towers on Seymour Street and the newly constructed Alto on Howe Street. I'm hoping you guys can help me find some hidden gems here in our beautiful city.
As jlousa mentioned, you'll have a wide range of choices given your proposed budget. I'd put off renting until April 1st, however, as you're going to be able to rent a relatively new 1br in Yaletown for closer to 1000 than 1500 by then.

Oh, and don't be afraid to haggle with your potential landlords, although your age may work against you there.

Last edited by mrjauk; Feb 23, 2010 at 5:07 AM. Reason: Added paragraph

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 2:10 AM
recession proof

Better than downtown towers, imho, are some of the towers in the Kits/Point Grey area--they offer spectacular views of downtown and often are more affordable.

Alternatively, if you want to play it cheap but still live near downtown, try Fraser and 7th area--1 bedrooms still under $800 can be found.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 3:53 AM
Glorfied Overrated Guest

If you want to be close to downtown, but not have to deal with the downtown hassle, The Briars on East 12 Street and Lonsdale Avenue in North Vancouver is a GREAT building to live in. You can rent a large two bedroom for 1139/mo.

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 7:14 AM

Thanks a lot guys, knew I could count on this forum. I'm wondering why I should wait until April 1st, whats gunna make them bring there rent down???
PS. I'm defiantly thinking Yaletown.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 12:58 PM

Olympics and Para Olympics will be over by then. Right now people are charging very high rates for these months once April comes and its all over they will go down as have to fill them fast as there will be TONS empty!

BTW check out craigslist.com there is tons of condos for rent on here!

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 1:03 PM
Glorfied Overrated Guest

Actually, April is a good time to be looking for a place. The rent prices will have dropped from the Olympic gouging, students are starting moving back to where they came from, and the summer tourist wave hasn't hit town yet. Really, April 1 - May 1 is a good time to look.

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 2:01 PM

Hey VanTowers,

I'm looking too, but we're waiting until May. Looking for a large 1BR or small 2BR in the $1800 range, in a decent building. There's lots of stuff out there. We have a pet which limits the rentals a bit though.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 4:56 PM
In Love With YVRthing

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
Hey VanTowers,

I'm looking too, but we're waiting until May. Looking for a large 1BR or small 2BR in the $1800 range, in a decent building. There's lots of stuff out there. We have a pet which limits the rentals a bit though.
A pretty good-sized 1+ den in Woodwards can be found for under $1800, and it's a pet-friendly building. Certainly gets my money.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexYVR View Post
A pretty good-sized 1+ den in Woodwards can be found for under $1800, and it's a pet-friendly building. Certainly gets my money.
thanks I have checked some out. Pet-friendly building doesn't always mean a pet-friendly landlord though.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy