HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2010, 1:04 AM
freeweed's Avatar
freeweed freeweed is offline
Home of Hyperchange
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dynamic City, Alberta
Posts: 17,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riise View Post
In fact, it can save time as the Transit Officers just tap the card and wait for the beep instead of actually reading the ticket.
Methinks you give this enforcement too much credit. All I've ever seen is the enforcement officers quickly walking down the aisle, looking to see if people have something vaguely resembling a pass or ticket. It takes about the same time as a person does to just walk down the train car.

Not exactly a huge deal really, as enforcement is so sporadic that it won't be too noticeable by me. I'm actually a bit more annoyed that now I'll have to remember to get a receipt for every "pass" that I buy, for income tax purposes. A receipt that will inevitably come off a thermal printer, and of course fade in a year. And of course I'll have to have 12 of them, because an annual pass would be evil.

In any event, this is a good thing for tourism. I don't know how I would have managed if I had to constantly carry change in all the various places I've traveled.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:24 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.