HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 9:28 PM
P&M40BELOW's Avatar
P&M40BELOW P&M40BELOW is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 198
nhl in winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperred88 View Post
As for name I would say it remains the Jets for name and recognition and good history throughout the world. And those golden moments of winning the WHA championship-Avco cup and believe or not we had many cherished times in the NHL and the Finish Flash is just one of them.

Being the NHL owns the name and not the Coyotes I believe we will be able to take the name and records back home.


IMO since we have the Bomber name I believe the Jets name would only compliment it and add positive recognition to the aerospace industry. And I will be at the new airport terminal welcoming our new Jets team back.

Just as long the name Jets rename I don't care if the logo and colors change, Heck since red and blue is taken by columbus, Mtl, and NYR then blue and gold could be a nice option to match the bombers

I stand to be corrected however I believe that Shenkarow still owns the name and the royalty rights with the league. True North would have to acquire that as well and I am not convinced that they are interested. I do beleive that True North wants to continue to build the Moose brand and as such would keep the Moose name for our NHL team.
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:09 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.