HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2881  
Old Posted Feb 12, 2010, 2:42 PM
cololi cololi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
We've been trying to figure out what this is for a while. I think you may be right. I suspect Cololi may know for sure?
IT is the cowboy partners project.

Trolley: they have started erecting steel on the west side retail located on top of the parking structure. The old sand house will start to be rebuilt within the next few months.

They have the crane on site for the whole foods store, so that should start to go vertical very soon.
     
     
  #2882  
Old Posted Feb 13, 2010, 10:12 AM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
I got in some shots / updates on many of the projects going on today. Here's a couple:

1 & 5


Artspace Commons
     
     
  #2883  
Old Posted Feb 13, 2010, 2:42 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,770
I don't know why, but I didn't realize the artspace commons was going to be so expansive.
     
     
  #2884  
Old Posted Feb 13, 2010, 10:20 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108

That area of downtown is so rundown. I'm glad we have the Artspace commons to help bring some life back in that area.
     
     
  #2885  
Old Posted Feb 13, 2010, 11:28 PM
John Martin's Avatar
John Martin John Martin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,195
It's a really odd location. I wouldn't live there.
     
     
  #2886  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 12:20 AM
urbanboy urbanboy is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Downtown Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,120


It's not an odd location at all when you take the future plans for a TRAX line down 400 West and over on 700 South into consideration.
     
     
  #2887  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 12:25 AM
i-215's Avatar
i-215 i-215 is offline
Exit 298
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Inland Empire (CA)
Posts: 3,497
Agreed. Perfect place for a TOD. Too bad there isn't any commercial space.
     
     
  #2888  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 12:31 AM
John Martin's Avatar
John Martin John Martin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,195
I still wouldn't want to live there. A trax line would be nice, but it wouldn't be nearly enough to make me want to live surrounded by industrial warehouses, factories, and other various junky properties.
     
     
  #2889  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 2:27 AM
WASDEN's Avatar
WASDEN WASDEN is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kailua HI
Posts: 391


I agree its an odd location. Tons of future potential but I think this is a little premature. I love downtown but I wouldn't wanna live at that particular location at this point in time.
     
     
  #2890  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 3:35 AM
i-215's Avatar
i-215 i-215 is offline
Exit 298
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Inland Empire (CA)
Posts: 3,497
It's no different than Walmart and Karl Malone Toyota building locations on 114th South several years before the freeway exit opens.
     
     
  #2891  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 3:52 AM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Martin View Post
I still wouldn't want to live there. A trax line would be nice, but it wouldn't be nearly enough to make me want to live surrounded by industrial warehouses, factories, and other various junky properties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WASDEN View Post


I agree its an odd location. Tons of future potential but I think this is a little premature. I love downtown but I wouldn't wanna live at that particular location at this point in time.

I do agree with you guys about not wanting to live there at this time. However I also agree with urbanboy that alot is planned for the whole westside of downtown with Trax and all. Just give that area 5-10 years and I bet all those rundown industrial warehouse and junky properties will be replace with residential units, shops and green space.
     
     
  #2892  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 3:43 PM
cololi cololi is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASDEN View Post


I agree its an odd location. Tons of future potential but I think this is a little premature. I love downtown but I wouldn't wanna live at that particular location at this point in time.
People said the same thing when Artspace opened their original facility. The people who live in artspace projects are not afraid of a City's grit.
     
     
  #2893  
Old Posted Feb 14, 2010, 7:11 PM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by cololi View Post
People said the same thing when Artspace opened their original facility. The people who live in artspace projects are not afraid of a City's grit.
I would totally love to live in that area, but NOT in a brand-new Artspace building. BORING!

I would LOVE LOOOVVVEEE LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEE to live in an old warehouse over there. I have a friend who lived in a warehouse within a block of there and the place was very cool.
     
     
  #2894  
Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 2:55 AM
Blueline Medic's Avatar
Blueline Medic Blueline Medic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, UT / Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 6
New Restaurant

I am typically more of a passive observer regarding this forum, as I have discouraged in the past by the generally negative tone of certain individuals posting in the name of development. I am putting me reservation aside as I feel prompted to post regarding a recent local restaurant opening.

Ekamai Thai Curry recently opened immediately North of Pioneer Park.

Highly Recommended . . . in my opinion it is by far the best thai in SLC. It is nice to see development occurring in an area seen as blighted.
     
     
  #2895  
Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 5:17 AM
urbanboy urbanboy is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Downtown Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,120


Yeah, I noticed that restaurant a week ago Saturday; Looks pretty good! Sorry about the negative tone, we've all been trying to be more positive lately. Welcome to the forum.
     
     
  #2896  
Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 5:05 PM
Blueline Medic's Avatar
Blueline Medic Blueline Medic is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Salt Lake City, UT / Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 6
Thanks UrbanBoy . . .
     
     
  #2897  
Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 6:51 PM
Wasatch_One's Avatar
Wasatch_One Wasatch_One is offline
Wen Lambo
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Medic View Post
I am typically more of a passive observer regarding this forum, as I have discouraged in the past by the generally negative tone of certain individuals posting in the name of development. I am putting me reservation aside as I feel prompted to post regarding a recent local restaurant opening.

Ekamai Thai Curry recently opened immediately North of Pioneer Park.

Highly Recommended . . . in my opinion it is by far the best thai in SLC. It is nice to see development occurring in an area seen as blighted.
Thanks for the heads up! Thai and Indian are two of my favorite cuisines and Im always looking for new places...

And, welcome.
     
     
  #2898  
Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 8:42 PM
urbanboy urbanboy is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Downtown Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,120


My favorite Thai place in Salt Lake so far is Thai Siam on State street and about 1500 South next to Mac Docs.
     
     
  #2899  
Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 8:55 PM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanboy View Post


My favorite Thai place in Salt Lake so far is Thai Siam on State street and about 1500 South next to Mac Docs.
I've eaten in nearly every Thai restaurant in the valley, except this new Ekamai place. My favorite is Chanon Thai near 300 East and 900 South. By far the best I've had so far. 2nd place would be Tasty Thai on the corner of 500 East and 1300 South.
     
     
  #2900  
Old Posted Feb 15, 2010, 9:26 PM
John Martin's Avatar
John Martin John Martin is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,195
I can't remember the last time I had Thai, but I've heard nothing but good things about Pawit's Royale Thai on 48th S around Highland Dr. Everyone I've asked who's been there has said it's great.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:44 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.