Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123
I find it very interesting how small architectural changes can make a building look so much better. Just breaking up the facade makes it feel like it fits in with buildings like Morse's Teas, even though it is much larger. Design is much more important than the size of the building.
I'd love to see more development around this. If and when IP happens there will be a really nice mix of old and new. Taking out the Law Courts bunker would also be a huge improvement.
|
You're totally right and they way I see it, IP is a huge catalyst for the Halifax CBD. I think a good influx of office development (IP, Waterside, TD Expansion, etc) will end up bringing more residential downtown. Even the new Dal buildings probably create jobs that should be close to the campus.
The Trillium is a good start for downtown residential, but we need to see more. I'm not even going to consider UG a go. Nova Centre would be huge in terms of a mixed use development.
The 1960's-2006 trend of a shrinking peninsular population is scary stuff.