Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Henry_Man
I think even 4-5 min frequency in the YVR/Richmond branch would not be too bad. But yeah, the current C-Line frequency is absolutely no better than the old 98 B-Line. Why they don't make the frequency patterns similar to the E/M-Lines (constant frequency throughout the day except at late night) really puzzles me. I think Translink/Pro-Trans planners have totally stuck their heads in the sand on this one (as usual everyone on those board TOTALLY underestimated the potential transit ridership in Richmond, as they have blindly believed in the LRSP like a religious ritual).
But the problem is, now that the Translink has voted to only increase the budget to $130mil, is it even possible to have the money to buy extra Rotem trains in the foreseeable future?
|
At least the Canada Line is way more reliable than the 98. I had multiple occasions where I waited 30+ minutes, which is completely unacceptable, then knowing that there were two other B-Lines directly behind it. Every three minutes, seven minutes at the branches is okay... Vancouverites are quite spoiled when it comes to frequencies of trains, especially compared to San Francisco, Seattle, even Portland, etc. That being said, rush hours, trains arriving every seven minutes is just not enough. TransLink should reintroduce the 490 or whatever express bus on No. 1 Rd/Granville St, but they wouldn't do that until Canada Line reaches the 100 000 ridership.
It's also important to realize that when the Canada Line was planned, Richmond didn't have many of the apartments, but I think the problem lied where TransLink/Ravco officials didn't effectively communicate with the municipalities and their plans/visions for the city.