HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #341  
Old Posted Nov 1, 2009, 12:58 PM
trofirhen trofirhen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,057
Talking — for tat

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaJ View Post
Even our big ugly stepsister Seattle


Funny, I always refer to Vancouver as our pretty and cultureless/souless stepsister.
You're obviously from Seattle, and I think you hit the nail on the head. !!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #342  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 11:48 AM
mcminsen's Avatar
mcminsen mcminsen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Posts: 9,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFUVancouver View Post
Robson Square Hedges | September 24th ‘09


Taken by SFUVancouver, September 24th, 2009
Robson Square hedges have had a little adjustment. I was walking by on Monday (Nov.2) and was pleasantly surprised to see them at about one third the size that you see in this photo. Good job mr.x!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #343  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 4:22 PM
MechMike MechMike is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
Robson Square hedges have had a little adjustment. I was walking by on Monday (Nov.2) and was pleasantly surprised to see them at about one third the size that you see in this photo. Good job mr.x!

*applauds*
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #344  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 4:27 PM
mr.x's Avatar
mr.x mr.x is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 12,805
Thank you!!! It took a minute to do each side, was a chop and dash.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #345  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 5:17 PM
Vancity's Avatar
Vancity Vancity is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Richmond, BC
Posts: 1,637
^hahah
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #346  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 6:57 PM
Yume-sama's Avatar
Yume-sama Yume-sama is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vancouver / Calgary / Tokyo
Posts: 7,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.x View Post
Thank you!!! It took a minute to do each side, was a chop and dash.
Should have brought your orange vest and a hard hat. Nobody would have questioned it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #347  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 9:19 PM
mr.x's Avatar
mr.x mr.x is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 12,805
Seriously guys, I did it. The deed was done during halloween.

:p
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #348  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 9:37 PM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,129
haha nice
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #349  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 10:03 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
Robson Square hedges have had a little adjustment. I was walking by on Monday (Nov.2) and was pleasantly surprised to see them at about one third the size that you see in this photo. Good job mr.x!
Cool! Now they just have to keep them that height!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #350  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 11:33 PM
mr.x's Avatar
mr.x mr.x is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 12,805
I'll be back, Halloween 2010!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #351  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 11:36 PM
CBeats CBeats is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.x View Post
Seriously guys, I did it. The deed was done during halloween.

:p
Actually? That's hilarious! I will be checking said hedges this weekend.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #352  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 11:36 PM
trofirhen trofirhen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
Robson Square hedges have had a little adjustment. I was walking by on Monday (Nov.2) and was pleasantly surprised to see them at about one third the size that you see in this photo. Good job mr.x!
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Cool! Now they just have to keep them that height!
In fact, they are probably letting them grow right now to achieve a certain density. I have a hunch they will be trimmed right back into low, sculpted, square "hedges," the type one sees in formal gardens. These will simply put a "defining ring" around the glass skylights. I don't think they're designed to cut off the view and the sunlight.

(at least ... I don't think they are.... are they? ..... er, I hope I'm not wrong..... but then I could be, couldn't I .....ummmmm)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #353  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2009, 12:11 AM
mr.x's Avatar
mr.x mr.x is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 12,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeats View Post
Actually? That's hilarious! I will be checking said hedges this weekend.
As serious as having a tunnel boring machine digging the Evergreen tunnel as we speak!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #354  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2009, 12:22 AM
CBeats CBeats is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.x View Post
As serious as having a tunnel boring machine digging the Evergreen tunnel as we speak!
In that case, if I check those hedges this weekend and see them the same height, or even taller than they were before...

then I've got a lot of pruning to do.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #355  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2009, 1:30 AM
mr.x's Avatar
mr.x mr.x is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 12,805
Who's for salting the earth so that everything dies and nothing ever grows?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #356  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2009, 1:32 AM
metroXpress's Avatar
metroXpress metroXpress is offline
(||||||-||||-||||||)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 2,220
^ Ha, and what should we have instead?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #357  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2009, 3:15 AM
nova9 nova9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,086
Some photographic evidence. Taken by me (by iphone via twitter...sorry about the size, hehe)

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #358  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2009, 3:36 AM
Stingray2004's Avatar
Stingray2004 Stingray2004 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: White Rock, BC (Metro Vancouver)
Posts: 3,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Some photographic evidence.
Too funny. I doubt that the purported 'cropping' was performed by a City of Vancouver arborist. BTW, has this pic been photo-shopped or is it the real McCoy?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #359  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2009, 3:39 AM
nova9 nova9 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray2004 View Post
Too funny. I doubt that the purported 'cropping' was performed by a City of Vancouver arborist. BTW, has this pic been photo-shopped or is it the real McCoy?
Real, it's from my iphone but the size is because it's a twitpic.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #360  
Old Posted Nov 4, 2009, 4:47 AM
mr.x's Avatar
mr.x mr.x is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 12,805
are those even the same plants?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:57 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.