HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #21  
Old Posted Nov 3, 2009, 4:25 PM
TAZ4ate0's Avatar
TAZ4ate0 TAZ4ate0 is offline
High Voltage
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tempe, Arizona (Phoenix)
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon716 View Post
Is Tempe where US Air is now HQ'ed?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicelord John View Post
too bad they won't finish those buildings for a long time if ever. It's like we live in communist russia.
Yep, it is a disappointing situation that Centerpoint is in right now. I do believe however, that once it comes out of bankruptcy, someone will 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 it up at a bargain basement price and complete it.

I think what they should do is complete one tower as apartments/rentals, and then convert the first few floors of the second tower into a hotel, and then go ahead and finish the top part off as condos. Anyway, that is my two cents for what it is worth.
__________________
My photos: Tempe part I Tempe part II Tempe part III
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #22  
Old Posted Nov 6, 2009, 6:19 PM
Ron87's Avatar
Ron87 Ron87 is offline
transatlanticist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: rotterdam area
Posts: 65
Good job on the pics! If this is your first I can't wait to see more threads by you. Tempe looks quite liveable from a sunbelt-state point of view. I've heard it's one of the most urban and dense places in the entire metro area.
BTW, that's one huge mill you got there.
__________________
Rotterdam > Utrecht > Florida > NYC > Rotterdam
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #23  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2012, 7:25 AM
IMBY IMBY is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 1,149
That opening pix blew me out of my seat as I love cantelevered buildings, if they're done right and this one is perfection incarnate! It's sad, looking at this building, knowing they'll probably never build a building like this again, too expensive to build, but let's be grateful it was built when it was built, I'm figuring the 70's or 60's!

IMO, it stands as a work of art!

Great job, thanks! I used to live in PHX, and only one time did I drive to downtown Tempe, in 1992, and it's nice to see Tempe become more urbanized.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #24  
Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 5:38 AM
TAZ4ate0's Avatar
TAZ4ate0 TAZ4ate0 is offline
High Voltage
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tempe, Arizona (Phoenix)
Posts: 754
city hall

^ @IMBY

I believe Tempe city hall was built in the early to mid 1980s if my memory serves me right. 1983 sticks in my mind. I'm not sure though so don't quote me please, and at the moment, I'm too lazy to go look up the exact date.

I too like the architecture and think the building is beautiful.

Thanks for the compliment.
__________________
My photos: Tempe part I Tempe part II Tempe part III
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:52 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.