HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


    One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• New York Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #6321  
Old Posted Oct 24, 2009, 6:16 PM
wong21fr's Avatar
wong21fr wong21fr is offline
Reluctant Hobbesian
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,126
^Huh, thanks, I thought I heard a rumor that there was some sort of agreement that the core could only go a certain distance above the floors in NYC.

But, it was a rumor....
     
     
  #6322  
Old Posted Oct 24, 2009, 9:18 PM
BStyles BStyles is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
What is the reason that the core cannot rise above the rest of the structure in New York City then?
The floor decking has to be connected to the steel cage before concrete covers it. They used that same method in the construction of 7 World Trade Center.

I believe that they said that this tower has a moment frame design, i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it though.
     
     
  #6323  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2009, 1:18 AM
Puzzlecraft's Avatar
Puzzlecraft Puzzlecraft is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 265
Zen,

I now realize the column splices are indicated by the small dark spots - three per column, establishing the four "lifts" you mentioned. What I was looking at and thought were the splice indicators are the small rectangles just above the first row of small dark spots. The green stars are placed below the small rectangles and the red arrow shows where one is "missing". Do you know what these rectangles indicate?

     
     
  #6324  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2009, 1:42 AM
Zensteeldude Zensteeldude is offline
Honored Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 692
Ahhhhh, that is a missing section profile. Here is an enlarged pic of the area of the print. (edited)



The 13 inside the triangle is just revision 13.

Last edited by Zensteeldude; Oct 25, 2009 at 1:47 AM. Reason: needed more editing
     
     
  #6325  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2009, 1:53 AM
SkyscrapersOfNewYork's Avatar
SkyscrapersOfNewYork SkyscrapersOfNewYork is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
A look at how we're doing...
when will this begin?
     
     
  #6326  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2009, 7:24 PM
westmc9th's Avatar
westmc9th westmc9th is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 130
go to flickr and look up freedomtower underneath people he has lots of new pics
     
     
  #6327  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 3:30 PM
canadate's Avatar
canadate canadate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 152
Alright, sorry I didn't get to take photos on Friday or Saturday like I said I would. The weather was pretty bad those two days..but I took some yesterday so here you go..P.S. The lighting wasn't the greatest at the time I went but I managed to get some decent shots.





























^^Yeah I know the cab is in the way but this looked better than the second one.
     
     
  #6328  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 3:52 PM
wong21fr's Avatar
wong21fr wong21fr is offline
Reluctant Hobbesian
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,126
Nice shots, thanks for taking them.

Looks like the NW plaza pour will happen in the next couple of weeks.
     
     
  #6329  
Old Posted Oct 26, 2009, 4:09 PM
Ghost's Avatar
Ghost Ghost is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 251
Great update, thank you!
     
     
  #6330  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2009, 2:49 AM
canadate's Avatar
canadate canadate is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 152
wong21fr & Ghost: Thanks! And no problem at all. I'll get back down there as soon as I can. It's supposed to be raining the next couple of days but I'll see what I can do..might have another update on wednesday or thursday morning..hopefully they can get some work done by then..don't know about today, gotta check other sites.
     
     
  #6331  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2009, 9:50 AM
larry141094's Avatar
larry141094 larry141094 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21
Question Blue prints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzlecraft View Post
Zen,


where do you guys get these?
i want some! lol, im making a HQ 1WTC on sketchup and i need some prints
     
     
  #6332  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2009, 11:39 AM
Apex's Avatar
Apex Apex is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 188
Don't know if this has been discussed already ... but has anyone got information about the spire? I know that even the most recent renders I've seen have portrayed an interim design.
     
     
  #6333  
Old Posted Oct 27, 2009, 9:07 PM
Dirty Sandpit Dirty Sandpit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 46
How many columns are remaining? Have they put them all up yet?
     
     
  #6334  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 1:16 AM
Kieso's Avatar
Kieso Kieso is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 2
Just done a quick interpretation of this on sketchup, i hadn't quite realised that the tower didn't contain any curves, yet it still manages to maintain a curvy look. It has so many subtle illusions, starting to quite like it
     
     
  #6335  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 5:26 PM
BStyles BStyles is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 557
It never stops raining! They'll be lucky to get started on anything by the end of the month!
     
     
  #6336  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 5:56 PM
Raraavis's Avatar
Raraavis Raraavis is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,614
Can someone explain why work on the core couldn't be continuing while these exterior columns are put in place?
     
     
  #6337  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 7:34 PM
Vanzetti Vanzetti is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raraavis View Post
Can someone explain why work on the core couldn't be continuing while these exterior columns are put in place?
I think it was mentioned before in the thread. They want to connect the core with the exterior before they pour concrete, so it must be on the same level.
     
     
  #6338  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 7:52 PM
theWatusi's Avatar
theWatusi theWatusi is offline
Resident Jackass
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Your Mom's House
Posts: 9,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raraavis View Post
Can someone explain why work on the core couldn't be continuing while these exterior columns are put in place?
In most concrete core/steel buildings, the core is constructed of rebar/concrete and mounting brackets are poured into place. The exterior steel fits into these brackets after the concrete is sufficiently cured.

In this building, the core is constructed of steel beams/rebar/concrete. The exterior steel bolts into the core steel. This must be done before the concrete of the core is poured.

The concrete of the core cannot rise until all of the horizontal connecting steel for that particular level is installed.


Zen, am I right?
     
     
  #6339  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 8:27 PM
NYguy's Avatar
NYguy NYguy is offline
New Yorker for life
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Borough of Jersey
Posts: 57,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by BStyles View Post
It never stops raining! They'll be lucky to get started on anything by the end of the month!
Well, the sun has come out! (I'm still sick though). morrongiello gives us another look (Oct 27)




Richard Finlayson

     
     
  #6340  
Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 11:41 PM
Zensteeldude Zensteeldude is offline
Honored Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 692
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry141094 View Post
where do you guys get these?
i want some! lol, im making a HQ 1WTC on sketchup and i need some prints
I got a full set from Tishman.

If you want a set all ya have to do is sign this 22 page non-disclosure agreement. (I think I get your car, wife/GF, kids, house and all your bank accounts if you break it)

Next you have to pay 10 cents a square foot to have your set printed. (The prints are 5 by 3 feet and there are about 1,200.)

And last, pay to ship them FedEx certified overnight. (all 340 pounds of em)

I started on a HQ version in Sketchup about 18 months ago but gave up when the files got too big to handle. But I was doing the interior too. (I think the skp file was up to 730megs)
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:30 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.