HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1081  
Old Posted Oct 9, 2009, 1:19 AM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor2Ott View Post
Congrats Johnny5.

Big red clock? Do we have one in Phase I? Hope so, since it's not fair the two buildings get different treatment.
We will come to admire your big paintings, and you can come and admire our big red clock
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1082  
Old Posted Oct 9, 2009, 3:33 PM
Johnny5 Johnny5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
I had a better look at the lobby in HP Phase II last night.

There is the big Red Clock on one wall, a large rectangular mirror on the other, and a Roman chariot picture over the elevators.

Last edited by Johnny5; Oct 9, 2009 at 3:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1083  
Old Posted Oct 9, 2009, 4:23 PM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
I had a better look at the lobby in HP Phase II last night.

There is the big Red Clock on one wall, a large rectangular mirror on the other, and a Roman chariot picture over the elevators.
Is there any furniture in the lobby? I wish you had the camera with you
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1084  
Old Posted Oct 9, 2009, 7:53 PM
Johnny5 Johnny5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333fun555 View Post
Is there any furniture in the lobby? I wish you had the camera with you
No furniture. They are still cleaning up.

Can't get in the building yet. I can only peer through the windows. Pics will have to wait.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1085  
Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 7:03 PM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor2Ott View Post
.............it's not fair the two buildings get different treatment.
I wouldn't mind if it was different. I think it would be too boring having 2 identical lobbies. When I go to see my friends in HP1, I don't want to feel like I am still in HP2
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1086  
Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 9:16 PM
AuxTown's Avatar
AuxTown AuxTown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 4,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333fun555 View Post
I wouldn't mind if it was different. I think it would be too boring having 2 identical lobbies. When I go to see my friends in HP1, I don't want to feel like I am still in HP2
More importantly, when you're hammered and you accidentally wanter into HP1, you need something to remind you that you're in the wrong building.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1087  
Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 9:39 PM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Town Hockey View Post
More importantly, when you're hammered and you accidentally wanter into HP1, you need something to remind you that you're in the wrong building.
Exactly

Wait a minute, are we talking about hammered by the falling objects from Mondrian or in the bar
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1088  
Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 10:08 PM
rakerman rakerman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 748
the park

Park is pretty much done. Just some final finishing sidewalk work left for the exterior I think.


Last edited by rakerman; Oct 10, 2009 at 10:09 PM. Reason: clarified
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1089  
Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 10:45 PM
AuxTown's Avatar
AuxTown AuxTown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 4,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333fun555 View Post
Exactly

Wait a minute, are we talking about hammered by the falling objects from Mondrian or in the bar
lol, either one
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1090  
Old Posted Oct 10, 2009, 10:53 PM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakerman View Post
Park is pretty much done. Just some final finishing sidewalk work left for the exterior I think.
Wow, looking better every day. Can't wait to see it in spring or January

Thank you rakerman
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1091  
Old Posted Oct 11, 2009, 12:16 AM
Tor2Ott's Avatar
Tor2Ott Tor2Ott is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakerman View Post
Park is pretty much done. Just some final finishing sidewalk work left for the exterior I think.

Nice, thanks for the pic. Love the lamp posts and globes.

I thought there's supposed to be some iron fencing around the park? And I guess we're not allowed to step on the park.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1092  
Old Posted Oct 13, 2009, 1:20 PM
Johnny5 Johnny5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor2Ott View Post
Nice, thanks for the pic. Love the lamp posts and globes.

I thought there's supposed to be some iron fencing around the park? And I guess we're not allowed to step on the park.
I want the fence around it. That way no strange visitors sleeping there. Or no dogs crapping in it, although it is a couple of feet off the ground.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1093  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2009, 12:38 PM
rakerman rakerman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 748
new sidewalk

New sidewalk has been poured, I think this is the last major bit of outside work except for a decorative semi-circle at the tip of the park.

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1094  
Old Posted Oct 17, 2009, 7:49 PM
Johnny5 Johnny5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
Show suite

Went to the 12th floor Chrysler show suite today to look at phase II PA progress. They have all the Hardwood installed up to the 5th floor. It looks like up to the 5th floor is complete. The sales rep said that a unit on the 5th floor of phase II will be a show suite. Don't know which unit.

Hardwood is installed in the second bedrooms up to the 12-14 floors.
Kitchen cupboards are installed up to 14 floor. They have appliances stored in the living room of the 9th floor.

It was a sunny day and there was lots of reflections off the windows so it was hard to see.

The lobby of phase II is almost complete. The plastic is off the light fixtures and the painting is complete. I can also see exercise equipment in the gym.

The plastic protective covering is off the front doors and the side lighting fixtures are installed and working on either side of the main doors.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1095  
Old Posted Oct 18, 2009, 10:04 PM
ENGINEERISCREDIT2TEM ENGINEERISCREDIT2TEM is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1
Question

Does anyone know if the south/west side of the phase I building of Hudson Park might have its view partially/mostly blocked in the future by some 10 + story building development?

With google maps, and walking around in that area I saw
Across Hudson Park on the South/West corner, there are 3 story homes for the most part, but, then further down Kent St to the south, there are 10+ story apartments/condos. Also there is some small 1 story Greek bar/cuisine place to the south with some fair amount of parking around it.
What's the chance of those places being turned into a skyscraper development?

If I wanted to find out more about this would I have to check the zoning south/west of Hudson park?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1096  
Old Posted Oct 18, 2009, 10:52 PM
Kitchissippi's Avatar
Kitchissippi Kitchissippi is online now
Busy Beaver
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINEERISCREDIT2TEM View Post
Does anyone know if the south/west side of the phase I building of Hudson Park might have its view partially/mostly blocked in the future by some 10 + story building development?
Ask the people living in the Everett how they feel about the Hudson going up I think it would be ridiculous for anyone buying in the Hudson now to oppose any tall buildings to be built near it in the future.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1097  
Old Posted Oct 18, 2009, 11:30 PM
AuxTown's Avatar
AuxTown AuxTown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 4,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchissippi View Post
Ask the people living in the Everett how they feel about the Hudson going up I think it would be ridiculous for anyone buying in the Hudson now to oppose any tall buildings to be built near it in the future.
I don't think they're so much being opposed to it as just doing their homework before considering a purchase. Before I bought my unit at Mondrian I looked at the zoning for all surrounding lots as well as Ottawa's official plan to see if there would be any possibility of losing my view in the near future. As it turns out, being 16 storeys high facing South is more than enough and will likely never be obstructed. If more people would do some research before buying a property and consider what may or may not happen to the surrounding lots and facilities then we wouldn't see what we're seeing in the Glebe (regarding Lansdowne), frequently in Westboro, as well as in many parts of Centretown. It turns out that people who have no business opposing projects in the city's core can do very well in appeals if they make sure they're yelling louder than the rest.

As for those people living in the Everett, I do feel bad for them, but the potential for development at the HP site has always been there so they should have seen it coming.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1098  
Old Posted Oct 19, 2009, 4:16 PM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakerman View Post
New sidewalk has been poured, I think this is the last major bit of outside work except for a decorative semi-circle at the tip of the park.
Looks great

Thanks rakerman, the photos and updates are greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1099  
Old Posted Oct 19, 2009, 4:27 PM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
Went to the 12th floor Chrysler show suite today to look at phase II PA progress. They have all the Hardwood installed up to the 5th floor. It looks like up to the 5th floor is complete. The sales rep said that a unit on the 5th floor of phase II will be a show suite. Don't know which unit.

Hardwood is installed in the second bedrooms up to the 12-14 floors.
Kitchen cupboards are installed up to 14 floor. They have appliances stored in the living room of the 9th floor.

It was a sunny day and there was lots of reflections off the windows so it was hard to see.

The lobby of phase II is almost complete. The plastic is off the light fixtures and the painting is complete. I can also see exercise equipment in the gym.

The plastic protective covering is off the front doors and the side lighting fixtures are installed and working on either side of the main doors.
Thanks Johnny, you said that a unit on the 5th floor of phase II will be a show suite. Everything is sold on the 5th floor and usually the show suite is in the unit that is not sold yet. Well, we will wait and see. Looks like they are working really fast on HP2.
I hope that everyone in HP1 is enjoying the garden, less noise and less dust
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1100  
Old Posted Oct 19, 2009, 4:45 PM
Johnny5 Johnny5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
Move In!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333fun555 View Post
Thanks Johnny, you said that a unit on the 5th floor of phase II will be a show suite. Everything is sold on the 5th floor and usually the show suite is in the unit that is not sold yet. Well, we will wait and see. Looks like they are working really fast on HP2.
I hope that everyone in HP1 is enjoying the garden, less noise and less dust
That's what the sales Rep said to me. 5th floor will have a show suite. No more deatils than that...

My wife talked to someone who came walking out of Phase II front entrance, yesterday afternoon. He said they moved into a 3rd floor unit on Friday Oct 16! He said they were the first to move in.

He told my wife that Oct 16th was the date given to him by Charlesfort.
So they must be on schedule.

Last edited by Johnny5; Oct 19, 2009 at 6:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:38 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.