HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1661  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 12:00 AM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
Alright people, you heard Green Bro. Let's stop pestering him to reveal information. He is our lone source, and I don't think we want to lose him. It can put him in a compromising situation with his job, and ruin the development. If word is leaked out it can sometimes jeopardize any possibility of the project to happen. SO, LET'S KEEP IT COOL(cool smiley inserted).
     
     
  #1662  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 1:05 AM
WeST's Avatar
WeST WeST is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Murray
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
If someone asked you in private, the appropriate response would be to politely reply in private that you cannot give them more information, rather than childish outbursts in the public forum.
Thanks dad. Whats worse, freaking out for little reason or electing yourself the czar of etiquette.
     
     
  #1663  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 1:37 AM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeST View Post
Thanks dad. Whats worse, freaking out for little reason or electing yourself the czar of etiquette.
You're sort of doing the same thing with that response aren't you? And now I'm doing it with mine.

I'm just going to wait until a real announcement before I speculate more about the company and building. Next topic.
__________________
Instagram | Twitter

www.UtahProjects.info
     
     
  #1664  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 1:43 AM
WeST's Avatar
WeST WeST is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Murray
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
You're sort of doing the same thing with that response aren't you? And now I'm doing it with mine.

I'm just going to wait until a real announcement before I speculate more about the company and building. Next topic.
Fair point.

Has anyone thought that Green Bro is pulling our leg and in a couple of weeks or months will tell us that it was a joke. Now that would be a real reason to freak out.
     
     
  #1665  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 1:44 AM
Stenar's Avatar
Stenar Stenar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 3,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
You're sort of doing the same thing with that response aren't you? And now I'm doing it with mine.

I'm just going to wait until a real announcement before I speculate more about the company and building. Next topic.
Uhh... no, I'm not. If he had contacted me privately, I would've responded in private. He had a childish comment attacking the entire forum in general.
     
     
  #1666  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 1:48 AM
Viperlord's Avatar
Viperlord Viperlord is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,900
New 82 room Hampton Inn on Foothill Drive?

could happen if the city approves.

     
     
  #1667  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 2:02 AM
Viperlord's Avatar
Viperlord Viperlord is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,900
I really like how more of the Salt Lake Hardware building will be visible from this view. Plus it opens up the land a bit more for better development patterns.

     
     
  #1668  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 2:44 AM
ctobsl's Avatar
ctobsl ctobsl is offline
Let It Rise!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT.
Posts: 486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Alright people, you heard Green Bro. Let's stop pestering him to reveal information. He is our lone source, and I don't think we want to lose him. It can put him in a compromising situation with his job, and ruin the development. If word is leaked out it can sometimes jeopardize any possibility of the project to happen. SO, LET'S KEEP IT COOL(cool smiley inserted).
Well if he did not want us to "pester" him, then he should not have posted information that he was not able to reveal! What did he think was going to happen on a site like this? People want to know about things!
__________________
Photos of Downtown SLC & surrounding areas-http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199269&highlight=ctobsl

My Mini City-Population http://saint-anthony.myminicity.com
     
     
  #1669  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 2:45 AM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
Wow Viperlord! Back from the dead! Good to see some news from you! You always were able to find stuff from city hall and other sources that none of us here weren't quite adept at doing.
     
     
  #1670  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 4:55 AM
jedikermit's Avatar
jedikermit jedikermit is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 2,259
I like that the new viaduct will expose more of SL Hardware too....I worked in that building for a few years, and loved it. I hope Gastronomy puts another restaurant in there like they were talking about doing...could become a really vibrant location with the viaduct moved.
__________________
Loving Salt Lake City. Despite everything, and because of everything.
     
     
  #1671  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 4:57 AM
jmonkey's Avatar
jmonkey jmonkey is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
I really like how more of the Salt Lake Hardware building will be visible from this view. Plus it opens up the land a bit more for better development patterns.

Which leads me to wonder about the speculated upon Gastronomy development in this area. They own the Salt Lake Hardware building already, and apparently a good bit of the land around it, which they are proposing to build $100 million in office and residential. Salt Lake Hardware is a quite a nice building, and it will be good to bring it back into the rest of the downtown area by cutting back the viaduct. I hope that the designers of this speculative project model it after the gem they already have--they could go for a very 'warehouse' vibe.
     
     
  #1672  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 5:43 AM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,742
Very much agree JMonkey, Gastronomy has always had a keen eye for classy development. I think their proposed project would probably be an attractive and welcome addition for that area of downtown. I'm excited to see renderings of what they have in mind.
     
     
  #1673  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 6:03 AM
Viperlord's Avatar
Viperlord Viperlord is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,900
North Salt Lake

Eaglewood Village

http://www.eaglewoodvillage.net/


renderings by Bowen Studios
     
     
  #1674  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 6:05 AM
Viperlord's Avatar
Viperlord Viperlord is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,900
Artspace Project
800 south 400 west



renderings by bowen studios
     
     
  #1675  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 6:12 AM
Orlando's Avatar
Orlando Orlando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 4,132
Jet Blue considers SLC for corporate headquarters

It's good to have you back Viperlord. Thanks for the findings!

Speaking of new findings, this was posted in another forum for Orlando. Don't get too excited, though. This is not Green Bro's company. Jet Blue is headquartered in Queens, NY. I indirectly know one of the co-founder's of Jet-Blue. The wife and cousin of one of my good high school (Hillcrest High) friends started the airline. Anyways, apparently Salt Lake was considered, but New York & Orlando are the finalists.http://www.crainsnewyork.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091002/FREE/910029985/1058

Last edited by Orlando; Oct 8, 2009 at 6:51 AM.
     
     
  #1676  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 6:16 AM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
I just want to thank GreenBro for going out on a limb and talking us all that he has told us. He didn't had to say anything about the Tower, but he did tell us what he could share at this time. So thank you. I hope you chose to stay on this forum and tell us more in the future when the time is right. Til then I'll look forward to that day.
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
     
     
  #1677  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 6:21 AM
Viperlord's Avatar
Viperlord Viperlord is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,900
I'm not sure if I posted this before or not, but I ran across it on Bowen's site as well.

I would imagine that this is for an older project that never materialized, as some of you may remember this site was going to be a mid rise residential and a 18 story, more or less, residential complex. Peter Corroon was involved in the marketing of that. But to make a long story short, the city granted some funding and everything, then the site owner didnt want to sell. So, the funding was already set aside, and they have shifted that portion of funding to the providence place apartments if i recall correctly. I still would like to see something developed on this lot.



old mass modeling.
     
     
  #1678  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 6:25 AM
Viperlord's Avatar
Viperlord Viperlord is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,900
ran across this as well...

http://www.dpcaltd.com/projects/individual/salt_lake_city.html


Salt Lake City Center
As an outgrowth of a market and facility evaluation study with Daniel P. Coffey & Associates, the City of Salt Lake recognizes the need for a 2,450-seat Broadway Theatre capable of also presenting occasional symphony, ballet and opera Events. Site Selection and Financing is currently in process. A key to the feasibility of this effort is maximization of stage and production efficiency coupled with minimizing of costs. The 60x100x120 stage has multiple Load in/Load out docks. Costs will be minimized by having only 1 of 4 sides exposed to view. Retail and Office Buildings will wrap the Theatre reducing the cost of the exterior dramatically.



I would imagine that the rendering is nothing more than to present an idea. Because if you notice they say that site plan and financing is currently in process in their description. Check out their website at the link I posted, they have some rather impressive stuff. I'm glad they are a subconsultant to help us get our theater going.
     
     
  #1679  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 7:44 AM
TonyAnderson's Avatar
TonyAnderson TonyAnderson is offline
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake City | Utah
Posts: 2,788
Thanks for the article Orlando. Speaking of Green Bro and the proposed company (thanks for insight by the way, I think it's all got us a bit more excited about SLC, regardless whether we know specifics), JetBlu occupies 12 stories with 866 employees. So that would give an idea to how big a company would be to have 32-42 stories, without even moving all of the company.
__________________
Instagram | Twitter

www.UtahProjects.info
     
     
  #1680  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 1:51 PM
skyguy414 skyguy414 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SLC
Posts: 299
It should also be noted JetBlue already has a corporate office in the Salt Lake area and employs over 2000 people here.

Last edited by skyguy414; Oct 8, 2009 at 3:16 PM.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:49 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.