HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1061  
Old Posted Sep 18, 2009, 12:29 PM
rakerman rakerman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 748
Right now the centre landscaping is just a sea of dirt with flags in it. I'll try to get a pic of it sometime.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1062  
Old Posted Sep 19, 2009, 3:54 PM
rakerman rakerman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 748
I aim to please:





I'm not sure what that central feature is going to be (where you see the wood sticking up) - a lamp? a fountain?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1063  
Old Posted Sep 20, 2009, 4:19 PM
Tor2Ott's Avatar
Tor2Ott Tor2Ott is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 410
Thanks for the pix Rakerman. I am not sure what that is supposed to be either. Sprinkler system? There is nothing on the rendering that indicates otherwise.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1064  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2009, 6:14 PM
harls's Avatar
harls harls is online now
Mooderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Aylmer, Québec
Posts: 21,435
23 sept. 2009

Just a couple more pics from today.

How come HP 1 has shiny metal above the doors, and HP 2 doesn't? or is that just a protective covering?




Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1065  
Old Posted Sep 23, 2009, 6:52 PM
Tor2Ott's Avatar
Tor2Ott Tor2Ott is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 410
Thanks for the pix harls.

Yes, the white stuff on HP2 is protective film. The ones on HP1 were only recently peeled off.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1066  
Old Posted Sep 26, 2009, 2:36 PM
rakerman rakerman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 748
the pillars

I was quite surprised to see they have put up chevroned pillars around the park area, and along the connecting wall between Phase I & II, and at the entrance to Phase I. They're wired, will be interesting to see what lighting hardware they put up there.







as always, any yellow patches you see are from a bug in my iPhone camera
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1067  
Old Posted Sep 26, 2009, 5:36 PM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
[QUOTE=rakerman;4475944]I was quite surprised to see they have put up chevroned pillars around the park area, and along the connecting wall between Phase I & II, and at the entrance to Phase I. They're wired, will be interesting to see what lighting hardware they put up there./QUOTE]

Looks more and more like the renderings
When you see the whole picture, looks quite stunning......
Thanks rakerman





Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1068  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2009, 3:11 PM
AuxTown's Avatar
AuxTown AuxTown is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 4,649
HP shot from one of your friendly neighbours

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1069  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2009, 9:03 PM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Town Hockey View Post
HP shot from one of your friendly neighbours
Thank you friendly neighbour
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1070  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2009, 11:46 PM
drawarc's Avatar
drawarc drawarc is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 471
Really impressive looking buildings.

http://www.canada.com/topics/lifestyle/h...5edc-bde4-4831-9edd-98206a804382&k=32677
Interesting tidbit was early plans called for 25 floor buildings, curious how that would've looked.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1071  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2009, 3:03 PM
Johnny5 Johnny5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333fun555 View Post
Are they ahead of schedule? I thought the first people are moving in November???
We are on the ninth floor and move in date is end of November.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1072  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2009, 4:54 PM
harls's Avatar
harls harls is online now
Mooderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Aylmer, Québec
Posts: 21,435
29 sept. 2009

Trees have arrived.







Looking up Number 2..

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1073  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2009, 4:57 PM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
We are on the ninth floor and move in date is end of November.
Wow, did you see your place already or you are waiting for PDI......
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1074  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2009, 5:11 PM
333fun555's Avatar
333fun555 333fun555 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by harls View Post
Trees have arrived.
Thanks Harls, it feels like I am there and watching all those changes .
In a few weeks, there will be a beautiful park, but no GLOBE
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1075  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2009, 5:52 PM
Johnny5 Johnny5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 333fun555 View Post
Wow, did you see your place already or you are waiting for PDI......
I have only seen my unit from the 12th floor Chrysler show-suite in PH I. A couple of weeks ago they had finished painting and the subfloor was almost done. Floor's I and 2 hardwood was also installed.
I don't know when my PDI will be yet.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1076  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2009, 6:22 PM
Johnny5 Johnny5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
We are on the ninth floor and move in date is end of November.
I stand corrected: Our "Tentative Occupancy Date" is the end of November.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1077  
Old Posted Sep 29, 2009, 6:54 PM
Tor2Ott's Avatar
Tor2Ott Tor2Ott is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 410
Thanks for the pix harls.

I noticed there is a gap between the pillar and the base. Wondering if that's intentional.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1078  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 2:08 PM
Johnny5 Johnny5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
Occupancy Date

I talked to Charlesfort yesterday. They said they are on schedule for end November for my ocupancy date. If we do not hear different by 23 October then our occupancy date will stand.
They do have one more window of opportunity after that to delay up to a maximum of five days.
I booked the elevator to move our furniture. Now we wait with baited breath until October 23

I walked by last night and noticed there is a big red clock with Roman numerals in the lobby of phase II. Also, it looked like the exercise equipment is in the gym. Trees and ground covering is all planted in the front, looks good. Lots of contracting equipment still in the underground parking area. They have widened the sidewalk by phase I, along Kent St. Really goes well with the presence of the two HP towers. Hope they do the same along Nepean.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1079  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 2:36 PM
Tor2Ott's Avatar
Tor2Ott Tor2Ott is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5 View Post
I talked to Charlesfort yesterday. They said they are on schedule for end November for my ocupancy date. If we do not hear different by 23 October then our occupancy date will stand.
They do have one more window of opportunity after that to delay up to a maximum of five days.
I booked the elevator to move our furniture. Now we wait with baited breath until October 23

I walked by last night and noticed there is a big red clock with Roman numerals in the lobby of phase II. Also, it looked like the exercise equipment is in the gym. Trees and ground covering is all planted in the front, looks good. Lots of contracting equipment still in the underground parking area. They have widened the sidewalk by phase I, along Kent St. Really goes well with the presence of the two HP towers. Hope they do the same along Nepean.
Congrats Johnny5.

Big red clock? Do we have one in Phase I? Hope so, since it's not fair the two buildings get different treatment.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #1080  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2009, 8:52 PM
Johnny5 Johnny5 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor2Ott View Post
Congrats Johnny5.

Big red clock? Do we have one in Phase I? Hope so, since it's not fair the two buildings get different treatment.
No clock in phase I. Just 2 very large pictures.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & Urban Ottawa
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:23 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.