HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > América Latina > Argentina > La Tanguería

Old Posted Sep 19, 2009, 4:31 AM
Trendy.

Visiting Buenos Aires?

First off, I would like to apologize for not being able to post this message in Spanish. If I did, you guys would laugh at me, so I am not even going to try

I am going to be visiting Buenos Aires and Argentina for the first time in October. It's been one of my dreams to come to South America since I have been a small child. I am very, very excited. I have a couple questions.

What is the best way to get from the airport in Ezeiza into Buenos Aires proper? Would you all recommend renting a car or is public transportation best?

What hotels are best? I want to stay somewhere with a lot of local flavor and is comfortable. Price isn't too much of an issue so no hostels or anything - lol.

What local restaurants are good?

Will I be able to make it around town with very limited Spanish speaking ability? I will be so embarrassed

Lastly, anyone want to meet up for a tour? I've met over 60 forumers in the 10 years that I've been here

DallasTexan-Boomer-DhallassTecksanne-Disceaux Fantasia-Sulley-Optimus Prime-Gloria Estefan

...and others I've surely forgotten...

Old Posted Sep 19, 2009, 2:30 PM

I don't know much about hotels here, so I have no idea which ones are best value. But if price isn't an issue and you want the best, you could go to either the four seasons or the alvear palace.

Most big hotels should have airport pickup services. Probably the best choice if you don't speak spanish.

About restaurants, I've found this site to be quite useful.

Also, you should check out the NYTimes travel guide to Buenos Aires, one of the most complete I've seen.

Last edited by SerfCity; Sep 19, 2009 at 7:35 PM.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2009, 7:08 PM
Sigo rulando...

Hi, DallasTexan!!

You should get in touch by PM with Kingofthehill, he`s been to Buenos Aires a few weeks ago. I think he could give you some really good advice.

Take a look at his blog: http://devanwells.blogspot.com/2009/...-elegance.html

(don't laugh at my English! )

Last edited by Claudia-Cba; Sep 19, 2009 at 7:22 PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > América Latina > Argentina > La Tanguería