Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume-sama
 Ever think he *could* do something different, but the developers know what is required to pass the UDP, and to actually get built in this city?
|
I hear that the way to do it is generally just telling them one thing, and then getting a low-level planning assistant to sign off on some darker glass samples.
To use some internet slang, Peter Wall FTW.
Slightly off topic, but I found it interesting considering how much I love the building: When Busby and Wall refused to budge on the dark glass, the city brought in - wait for it - James Cheng to 'negotiate' a lighter, yaletown green colour with them. I just learned this yesterday and wasn't really surprised to hear it.
To put a point on that anecdote, Yume: There are always ways to get things done in this city. You can do it the bland way, you can do it the stunningly-designed way, or you can do it dirty. Cheng goes for the first.