HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #541  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2009, 12:52 AM
Distill3d's Avatar
Distill3d Distill3d is offline
Glorfied Overrated Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver (Burnaby), British Columbia
Posts: 4,151
WOW! You can't even see Petro Canada Center anymore. Amazing!
__________________
The Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #542  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2009, 2:38 AM
freeweed's Avatar
freeweed freeweed is offline
Home of Hyperchange
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dynamic City, Alberta
Posts: 17,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vascilli View Post
I've noticed an absence of colourful buildings. Like something red or orange or something.
It's just the colouring and angle of that particular shot. Trust me, downtown Calgary has plenty of red/orange buildings.

PCC, that twinned condo tower just recently built, about 6 billion podiums in the Beltline... There are also a lot of low (10-20 storey) towers downtown that are very reddish, but they're dwarfed by the biggies from that angle.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #543  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2009, 2:55 AM
Vascilli Vascilli is offline
Hare Expert
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Calgary, Toronto
Posts: 1,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
It's just the colouring and angle of that particular shot. Trust me, downtown Calgary has plenty of red/orange buildings.

PCC, that twinned condo tower just recently built, about 6 billion podiums in the Beltline... There are also a lot of low (10-20 storey) towers downtown that are very reddish, but they're dwarfed by the biggies from that angle.
No, I mean colourful. Not red like red brick, but red like a giant glass Coke can. Blood red.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #544  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2009, 3:53 AM
Witty Nickname's Avatar
Witty Nickname Witty Nickname is offline
Look up, Waaaaaay up
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,348
Another stellar creation! Well done.
__________________
I am Calgarian!
My photos on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #545  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2009, 4:28 AM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
Thanks! Petro-Canada Centre is starting to shrink like the Calgary Tower.

The north end of downtown seems to have it's act together, it's the beltline that's a mess...I'm sticking with the north/northeast shots for awhile...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #546  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2009, 4:41 AM
Surrealplaces's Avatar
Surrealplaces Surrealplaces is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 20,270
Awesome work Devin! Amazingly, You've outdone yourself again!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #547  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2009, 5:37 AM
Jay in Cowtown's Avatar
Jay in Cowtown Jay in Cowtown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cochrane, Alberta
Posts: 1,906
Well done CtrlAltDel... I always look forward to you next masterpiece!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #548  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2009, 6:34 AM
freeweed's Avatar
freeweed freeweed is offline
Home of Hyperchange
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dynamic City, Alberta
Posts: 17,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vascilli View Post
No, I mean colourful. Not red like red brick, but red like a giant glass Coke can. Blood red.
I think the editors at the Sun might go into epileptic seizures if someone built a blood red tower.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #549  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2009, 6:44 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
And another...


by me.
Sick, I can't wait to drive by that scene.
__________________
Git'er done!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #550  
Old Posted Aug 1, 2009, 10:08 PM
Witty Nickname's Avatar
Witty Nickname Witty Nickname is offline
Look up, Waaaaaay up
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
Sick, I can't wait to drive by that scene.
I can't wait to photograph that exact scene!
__________________
I am Calgarian!
My photos on Flickr
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #551  
Old Posted Aug 2, 2009, 1:45 AM
Vascilli Vascilli is offline
Hare Expert
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Calgary, Toronto
Posts: 1,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
I think the editors at the Sun might go into epileptic seizures if someone built a blood red tower.
Well that's just a bonus. I'm a fan of in-your-face type buildings.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #552  
Old Posted Aug 4, 2009, 10:41 PM
RicoLance21's Avatar
RicoLance21 RicoLance21 is offline
Bring buildings to life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Windsor Park, Calgary
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distill3d View Post
WOW! You can't even see Petro Canada Center anymore. Amazing!
Yes, but from that angle, Canterra Tower is obscuring almost all of it anyway.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #553  
Old Posted Aug 5, 2009, 6:30 PM
craner's Avatar
craner craner is offline
Go Tall or Go Home
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,418
Amazing C-A-D !
Whenever I need a pick-me-up I just come here and gawk and get excited again.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #554  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2009, 6:07 AM
jeffwhit's Avatar
jeffwhit jeffwhit is offline
effete latte-lifter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Aalborg, DK
Posts: 3,686
Hey CAD,
I just turned on my tv to an old Cabbie piece on The Score, from Stampede. When the used a skyline shot for a transition I noticed something weird, it was one of your renderings what was really odd though is how old it was. It's from the Scottsman hill vantage point, looking over the Big 4 Building, with both Nuera towers, a built out Keynote, the Calgary Tower balls, the [I]original[I]EAP rendering and a placeholder for The Exchange. Also, no Bow. Do you have any idea which one I'm talking about? Your work must be showing up high in google searches.
__________________
Arts!: Click to listen
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #555  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2009, 2:35 PM
skrish's Avatar
skrish skrish is offline
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwhit View Post
Hey CAD,
I just turned on my tv to an old Cabbie piece on The Score, from Stampede. When the used a skyline shot for a transition I noticed something weird, it was one of your renderings what was really odd though is how old it was. It's from the Scottsman hill vantage point, looking over the Big 4 Building, with both Nuera towers, a built out Keynote, the Calgary Tower balls, the [I]original[I]EAP rendering and a placeholder for The Exchange. Also, no Bow. Do you have any idea which one I'm talking about? Your work must be showing up high in google searches.
I was just gonna post this. Saw it last night.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #556  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2009, 4:22 PM
Innersoul1's Avatar
Innersoul1 Innersoul1 is offline
City of Blinding Lights
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrish View Post
I was just gonna post this. Saw it last night.
HAHAH Saw that last night too!
__________________
Sweet dreams are made of cheese. Who am I to diss a brie?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #557  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2009, 6:18 PM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
Haha really...that image sure has gotten around.
Thanks for letting me know
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #558  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2009, 6:23 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,227
When you google image "Calgary skyline" this image pops up, is this the one you guys are talking about?

__________________
Git'er done!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #559  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2009, 6:27 PM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
Yah, that's an oldie.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #560  
Old Posted Aug 13, 2009, 7:15 PM
skrish's Avatar
skrish skrish is offline
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 840
Yeah, that's the pic they used.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:04 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.