HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #481  
Old Posted Jun 21, 2009, 10:45 PM
Mininari Mininari is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Victoria (formerly Port Moody, then Winnipeg)
Posts: 2,447
The skyline needs a couple 500-550ft towers to step up the existing table-top to the 650' Shangri-La. Heres hopin' for the rumours to make it reality!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #482  
Old Posted Jul 9, 2009, 6:08 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,518
Rumour is that BC Lottery Corp will be moving from Richmond to Broadway Tech.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #483  
Old Posted Jul 9, 2009, 6:22 PM
AlexYVR's Avatar
AlexYVR AlexYVR is offline
In Love With YVRthing
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Chicago:Vancouver
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
Rumour is that BC Lottery Corp will be moving from Richmond to Broadway Tech.
I'd be interested to know where you heard that
__________________
WWJJD?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #484  
Old Posted Jul 9, 2009, 7:08 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
Rumour is that BC Lottery Corp will be moving from Richmond to Broadway Tech.
BCLC is staying in Richmond... they will be moving though
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #485  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 3:15 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexYVR View Post
I'd be interested to know where you heard that
It's all over the commercial real estate community.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #486  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 3:16 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoaster View Post
BCLC is staying in Richmond... they will be moving though
What have you heard?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #487  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 3:42 PM
WarrenC12's Avatar
WarrenC12 WarrenC12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East OV!
Posts: 24,698
I work near the office park that contains BCLC. They tore down a building a few years back and put up a 4 story LEED gold that has just been sitting there. Either BCLC is moving there, or if they leave there's a heck of a lot of empty space in this area.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #488  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 4:38 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
I work near the office park that contains BCLC. They tore down a building a few years back and put up a 4 story LEED gold that has just been sitting there. Either BCLC is moving there, or if they leave there's a heck of a lot of empty space in this area.
BCLC did not develop that building. They are just a tenant in the park. This move will certainly not help the Richmond office market.

I have further confirmation from a trusted source that they are pulling up stakes and moving to Broadway Tech. That and HSBC is going there also (not sure if that's news...).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #489  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 7:09 PM
hollywoodnorth's Avatar
hollywoodnorth hollywoodnorth is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Posts: 6,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
BCLC did not develop that building. They are just a tenant in the park. This move will certainly not help the Richmond office market.

I have further confirmation from a trusted source that they are pulling up stakes and moving to Broadway Tech. That and HSBC is going there also (not sure if that's news...).
that's great news for Bway tech corridor
__________________
Quote of the Decade on SSP: "what happens would it be?" - argon007

"orange vested guy" - towerguy3
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #490  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 7:11 PM
WarrenC12's Avatar
WarrenC12 WarrenC12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East OV!
Posts: 24,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
BCLC did not develop that building. They are just a tenant in the park. This move will certainly not help the Richmond office market.

I have further confirmation from a trusted source that they are pulling up stakes and moving to Broadway Tech. That and HSBC is going there also (not sure if that's news...).
I know they didn't develop it, but I'm sure Bentall is trying to market that new space to an existing tenant, especially if that tenant is thinking of moving for whatever reason.

As a Vancouver taxpayer, we need more commercial rent/taxpayers in the area, I'm all for it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #491  
Old Posted Jul 10, 2009, 8:01 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
What have you heard?
I have seen the plans for their new office building, they are quite recent. I would imagine they haven't changed their minds on this in such a short time, although the cost might have been to prohibitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
I have further confirmation from a trusted source that they are pulling up stakes and moving to Broadway Tech. That and HSBC is going there also (not sure if that's news...).
Interesting the new complex would be a couple years off at best I would say, so this might be a temporary move, or like I just speculated they might have not been able to afford their new space... although with the kinda money they make I kinda doubt that.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #492  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 4:51 PM
s211 s211 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The People's Glorious Republic of ... Sigh...
Posts: 8,518
Hi gang. Trying to track some info down. I've searched SSP without success.

I'm relatively sure that I've previously seen schematics whereby Brookfield was proposing a new office tower in place of the Royal Bank banking hall at Georgia/Burrard, looking to capture on the city's desire to upzone downtown.

Anyone else remember hearing/seeing this? Is this info somewhere hidden in SSP that a search won't uncover?
__________________
If it seems I'm ignoring what you may have written in response to something I have written, it's very likely that you're on my Ignore List. Please do not take it personally.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #493  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 6:27 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,161
Nope, havent heard a thing about it.

Would be quite surprised, especially considering Bentall pushing ahead with its new development and the relitively poor state of the downtown's office vacancies coupled with Vancouver's low absorption rate.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #494  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 6:29 PM
raggedy13's Avatar
raggedy13 raggedy13 is offline
Dérive-r
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 4,450
I'm pretty sure nothing has been posted on SSP about it, s211. If it has I definitely haven't seen it at any rate. You've got me real interested now though.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #495  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 7:35 PM
officedweller officedweller is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,776
Nope, haven't heard anything either.
There's 2 view cones that look like they cut over the banking hall site - one side tops out at 450 ft or so, the other side tops out at about 340 ft.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #496  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 10:12 PM
Prometheus's Avatar
Prometheus Prometheus is offline
Reason and Freedom
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver/Toronto
Posts: 4,016
The 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 view cones can choke on it.

Last edited by Prometheus; Dec 10, 2009 at 11:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #497  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 10:57 PM
trofirhen trofirhen is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,055
Question ... maybe try this ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
Hi gang. Trying to track some info down. I've searched SSP without success.

I'm relatively sure that I've previously seen schematics whereby Brookfield was proposing a new office tower in place of the Royal Bank banking hall at Georgia/Burrard, looking to capture on the city's desire to upzone downtown.

Anyone else remember hearing/seeing this? Is this info somewhere hidden in SSP that a search won't uncover?
I went to the Brookfield website and found the Royal Centre Page. No mention or hint of any new development. But I did try to access EMPORIS, which seems to have insider info on things like this. The make you answer a lot of questions, such as what is your company, and the URL of your company web address and so forth. They may be onto something.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #498  
Old Posted Dec 10, 2009, 11:03 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,161
Emporis is useless.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #499  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2009, 1:46 AM
phesto phesto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: yvr/bwi
Posts: 2,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
Hi gang. Trying to track some info down. I've searched SSP without success.

I'm relatively sure that I've previously seen schematics whereby Brookfield was proposing a new office tower in place of the Royal Bank banking hall at Georgia/Burrard, looking to capture on the city's desire to upzone downtown.

Anyone else remember hearing/seeing this? Is this info somewhere hidden in SSP that a search won't uncover?
Thanks for reminding me, had meant to post this a long time ago, but got too busy!


Note the height of 350 ft. plus new lobby addition for existing tower.



Brookfield had held informal discussions with the City to determine how receptive they would be to allowing rezoning for a new tower circa 2007.

Note the preliminary plans from 2007-ish showed a 26 storey, 350 foot tower on the corner. As mentioned, this is likely limited by view cones. The tower would be around 300,000 square feet.

This is not even really a proposal at this point, they probably drew up these plans to see if they could sell it off to a developer. Also RBC isn't going anywhere as they are paying dirt cheap rates from several years ago both in the tower and bank podium.

Sorry guys, but this is another Sears building type situation where we won't likely see anything happen for a really long time..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #500  
Old Posted Dec 11, 2009, 3:37 AM
officedweller officedweller is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,776
Sweet! Thanks Phesto!
That would really change the open character of the corner and the setbacks westwards down Georgia.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:26 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.