Seriously. These ideas they keep coming up with never cease to amaze me. I remember one post on another thread that stated that it seemed odd that they would decide to build a central core area away from water. Well I guess they have solved that problem, bring the water to the central core. There was mention at the last open house that this would not only be just one lake, but they were thinking about restoring a bunch of the lakes that were present in the area before the 50's. This would be an amazing feat.
FYI, I am still in love with that 108th/King George roundabout plaza/fountain idea. That would be an amazing gateway... at Gateway.
Seriously. These ideas they keep coming up with never cease to amaze me. I remember one post on another thread that stated that it seemed odd that they would decide to build a central core area away from water. Well I guess they have solved that problem, bring the water to the central core. There was mention at the last open house that this would not only be just one lake, but they were thinking about restoring a bunch of the lakes that were present in the area before the 50's. This would be an amazing feat.
FYI, I am still in love with that 108th/King George roundabout plaza/fountain idea. That would be an amazing gateway... at Gateway.
I agree on both points. Holland Park is getting pretty sweet, but nothing attracts people like bodies of water.
And Whalleyboy, where're you finding all of these?
instead of a lake they should just make a giant swimming pool. it would be cool to have a massive pool party in downtown surrey 10-20 years from now when the area is built up.
but i like how surrey is thinking outside the box, trying to distinguish itself a bit. its just too bad its taking so damn long. .
i'd actually like to see a lake are with a beach for the north surrey area. i actually just sent a message yesterday asking if aldergrove could make a man made lake why can't surrey do it
Holy shite!!! Those renders are unbelievable! I'm expecting big things from Surrey once this recession turns around. They better not blow it again.
As long as Surrey keeps the current council in to get the ball rolling, there is no reason why it would go south again. All these concepts would be completely unfathomable to the council of the early 90's. It is just a testament of how progressive Surrey has become. If this does all happen, Surrey would definitely become an icon.
As long as Surrey keeps the current council in to get the ball rolling, there is no reason why it would go south again. All these concepts would be completely unfathomable to the council of the early 90's. It is just a testament of how progressive Surrey has become. If this does all happen, Surrey would definitely become an icon.
It's almost as if all the ex-Surrey council all migrated to Vancouver