HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #801  
Old Posted Jun 16, 2009, 2:58 PM
Urban Rising Urban Rising is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 45
It is a "Mockup" of the exterior of the building. This is done for the architect and the developer, not the public, so the parties can understand the different job conditions and the overall aesthetics prior to going vertical with the building. It also helps identify any potential problems on a small scale as opposed to during construction when significant cost and schedule impacts could occur.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #802  
Old Posted Jun 16, 2009, 10:14 PM
Tempe_Duck Tempe_Duck is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 342
Ahh...thanks for helping me out.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #803  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2009, 4:34 AM
reguyphx reguyphx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33
OCPE is lit up tonight. Anyone get any photos?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #804  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2009, 11:50 PM
reguyphx reguyphx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #805  
Old Posted Jun 19, 2009, 11:51 PM
reguyphx reguyphx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #806  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2009, 12:19 AM
Vicelord John Vicelord John is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Eastlake, Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 5,404
nice i haven't seen that angle much. Is all the grainyness due to high ISO?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #807  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2009, 12:23 AM
HooverDam's Avatar
HooverDam HooverDam is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Posts: 4,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by reguyphx View Post
Its pretty sad that a plain square box lit up is one of the most interesting crowns we have. Ah well, its a step in the right direction, much nicer than 🞵🞵🞵🞵 like the Sheraton.

EDIT: VV I think you got a temporary case of dyslexia with his user name.

Last edited by HooverDam; Jun 20, 2009 at 2:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #808  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2009, 2:15 AM
HX_Guy HX_Guy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 5,103
Here are rephxguy's pictures so you don't have to follow the link. :p



Reply With Quote
     
     
  #809  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2009, 3:02 AM
Sonoran_Dweller's Avatar
Sonoran_Dweller Sonoran_Dweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 275
A W E S O M E !!!!
__________________
"Be the change you want to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #810  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2009, 6:33 AM
reguyphx reguyphx is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33
Sorry, rookie photography. Thanks hx. I had 2 cameras, but neither one worthy of a night shot.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #811  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2009, 11:07 PM
HooverDam's Avatar
HooverDam HooverDam is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Posts: 4,610
OCPE from today:

















And finally, does anyone know what this detailing on the North face is? Is it going to be like the strip on the south side? I dont think I have noticed it before:
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #812  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2009, 11:18 PM
Vicelord John Vicelord John is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Eastlake, Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 5,404
I like this:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #813  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2009, 11:27 PM
Evil Empire's Avatar
Evil Empire Evil Empire is offline
Jotun
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: PHX/SF/SRB/ARG
Posts: 163
Great pics, thanks.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #814  
Old Posted Jun 21, 2009, 12:57 AM
combusean's Avatar
combusean combusean is online now
Skyriser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: CA/AZ Nomad
Posts: 7,453
And here's where I look a gift horse in the mouth ...

Great composition Hoover, but what happened to your white balance?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #815  
Old Posted Jun 21, 2009, 12:59 AM
plinko's Avatar
plinko plinko is offline
them bones
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Santa Barbara adjacent
Posts: 7,708
^I was wondering the same thing...it's just really hard to get good shots at noon though...they get totally washed out.
__________________
Even if you are 1 in a million, there are still 8,000 people just like you...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #816  
Old Posted Jun 21, 2009, 1:05 AM
HooverDam's Avatar
HooverDam HooverDam is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Posts: 4,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
And here's where I look a gift horse in the mouth ...

Great composition Hoover, but what happened to your white balance?
I somehow bumped it to 'incandescent' mode without noticing until I got home. Ah well. The lens was also pretty dirty and I didn't have anything to clean it with me. Next time: more preparation, less immediate action.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #817  
Old Posted Jun 21, 2009, 1:30 AM
plinko's Avatar
plinko plinko is offline
them bones
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Santa Barbara adjacent
Posts: 7,708
Just call it your *blue* period.
__________________
Even if you are 1 in a million, there are still 8,000 people just like you...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #818  
Old Posted Jun 21, 2009, 7:37 AM
PhxPavilion's Avatar
PhxPavilion PhxPavilion is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooverDam View Post
And finally, does anyone know what this detailing on the North face is? Is it going to be like the strip on the south side? I dont think I have noticed it before:
I pointed it out awhile back. Yes I believe that side is going to get a small strip of the dichroic glass as well.

I like your second shot down btw.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #819  
Old Posted Jun 21, 2009, 10:23 AM
combusean's Avatar
combusean combusean is online now
Skyriser
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: CA/AZ Nomad
Posts: 7,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooverDam View Post
I somehow bumped it to 'incandescent' mode without noticing until I got home. Ah well. The lens was also pretty dirty and I didn't have anything to clean it with me. Next time: more preparation, less immediate action.
Reminds me of the time I did a daytime tour of Roosevelt in ISO 1600... yikes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #820  
Old Posted Jun 21, 2009, 6:56 PM
NIXPHX77's Avatar
NIXPHX77 NIXPHX77 is offline
this could have been...
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 471
i don't know anything about photographic technicalities...
i just think they are great shots Hoover!
__________________
Stonewall, maybe. But Pumpkinville?!?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:44 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.