Check this out - just stumbled onto this letter from the Journal. Is this guy pulling the highlighted info out of his 🞵🞵🞵🞵 or something?! There's
NO way WestJet'd be allowed to fly into YXD with those scheduled restrictions in place. This sounds like a ludicrous attempt to add fuel to this ridiculous debate! (or better yet, beating a dead horse?)
I know the airport debate's getting so tiresome to many of you and I agree it's got to end ASAP, therefore I apologize for posting this. However, I felt I had to post this in case any of you want to write a reply to refute this ludicrousity.
Plus, the name of the writer sounds familiar to me somehow - can't quite put a finger on it, but I have a disturbed feeling about this.
LRT could service Muni
The Edmonton JournalApril 26, 2009
Re: "All aboard for south side; New McKernan/Belgravia, South Campus LRT stations open next weekend," The Journal, April 18.
The opening of two new stations this weekend shows the LRT's progress to the south.
There is also need for progress in the planned construction to the north and eventually toward St. Albert. The LRT station near NAIT should be designed to be the Edmonton City Centre Airport terminal, as well as serving NAIT and Kingsway Mall.
Architectural design and construction of the terminal would accommodate expanded airport service to serve commuter travellers, as well.
Both WestJet and Pilgrim Air are rumoured to be considering commuter service from the City Centre Airport, and co-ordination with the LRT makes sense.
The near future can be an active commuter air service, co-ordinated with long range and international service from the Edmonton International Airport.
Don Peterson, Edmonton
© Copyright (c) The Edmonton Journal
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Travel/could+service+Muni/1535600/story.html