HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1041  
Old Posted Mar 23, 2009, 6:12 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,802
The 2080 plans look good. The "LRT" access - I wonder if the underground garage will extend to the lot line on that side (in which case the "access" to a SkyTrain under 10th Ave. would be a pathway at grade) or if there is space for an undergound passage (which probably wouldn't be necessary) - or if the LRT is actually the Arbutus extension of the Vancouver Streetar.
     
     
  #1042  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2009, 9:48 PM
Silverhalide Silverhalide is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
The 2080 plans look good. The "LRT" access - I wonder if the underground garage will extend to the lot line on that side (in which case the "access" to a SkyTrain under 10th Ave. would be a pathway at grade) or if there is space for an undergound passage (which probably wouldn't be necessary) - or if the LRT is actually the Arbutus extension of the Vancouver Streetar.
Hi all, new user here. I was doing a search for info on 2080 W Broadway and came across this thread. I'm in the neighbourhood, and went to the developer's openhouse back before Christmas. Here's what I know:
  • 2080 W Broadway is the parking lot of the IGA and liquor store. I believe the garden center is actually a different address, but is also included in this development.
  • Once development starts, the IGA and liquor store lose their parking. Apparently, a condition of their business license is sufficent parking, so they close.
  • The development includes mostly small business spaces, but does include one larger one that the liquor store could move into (assuming that they don't mind shutting down for the several years of development). The development doesn't have a space suitable for a garden center; the developer doesn't think the garden center would last through being shutdown during development anyhow.
  • The public plaza in the NW corner has nothing below, including the underground parking. This is specifically to accomodate a Skytrain/LRT station.
  • As you can probably tell by looking at the submitted plans, the lane will stay. The current plans are actually more traditional than the previous ones -- earlier plans had a small park, trees, etc on the lane.
  • IGA has been wanting to close down the store since before the new one two blocks west opened.
  • Apparently the liquor store is the busiest in Vancouver, so I can't see them wanting to give up the location. (I have heard, but am not sure that I believe, that it is busier than the Cambie & 41st store.) The new building going up across Maple tried to put in space for a liquor store, but I think ran into some problems with building a new store so close to an elementary school (Lord Tennyson @ 10th & Maple). I don't know if the new proposal will run into the same difficulties.
The thing that bothers me about this proposal is that the developer is trying to keep the discussion away from the IGA building/liquor store. I know that technically they are separate sites, but it seems disingenuous to pretend that the IGA won't be affected by the plan. It would be nice if we could get at least an indication of what is planned for the IGA site.
     
     
  #1043  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2009, 10:36 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,802
Thanks for the info.

I think the IGA side may actually be a different zoning that the Broadway frontage (i.e. a light industrial seems to ring a bell for some reason).
Chances are, the liquor store would have the same problem anywhere on the 2080 site - but I don't see what the big deal is - the LDB can lease retail space elsewhere away from the school. It may even perk up another dead block along Broadway in the process.
     
     
  #1044  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2009, 11:42 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,802
From the VIA Architecture website - early renders of International Village (note the old bus depot on Larwill Park is still in the photo and VCC before the mirrored glass):

http://www.via-architecture.com/projects/internationalvillage/index.html

     
     
  #1045  
Old Posted Mar 30, 2009, 11:47 PM
LeftCoaster's Avatar
LeftCoaster LeftCoaster is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toroncouver
Posts: 13,166
Wow, nice street wall but those towers look truly awful. Thank god we didn't end up with those, they look like the belong out on the Lougheed somewhere.
     
     
  #1046  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2009, 1:41 AM
flight_from_kamakura's Avatar
flight_from_kamakura flight_from_kamakura is offline
testify
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: san francisco and montreal
Posts: 1,319
^ HAH! almost word for word what i was thinking.
     
     
  #1047  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2009, 2:20 AM
vanman's Avatar
vanman vanman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 6,487
I actually thought of those hideous, angled roof Burquitlam towers when I first looked at that render.
     
     
  #1048  
Old Posted Mar 31, 2009, 6:22 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,802
I thought of towers - original CityGate tower - midrises - King Edward Village.
     
     
  #1049  
Old Posted Apr 3, 2009, 12:43 AM
SFUVancouver's Avatar
SFUVancouver SFUVancouver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 6,731
Ginger and International Village Globe

Ginger


Taken by SFUVancouver, April 2nd, 2009.


International Village Globe


Taken by SFUVancouver, April 2nd, 2009.


Falconetti's East Side is adding a roof-top patio!

Taken by SFUVancouver, April 2nd, 2009.

This one is much, much smaller than the scale we are used to but since it is happening next door to me I thought I would post it. I don't have a deck or patio in my apartment, so this is going to be my substitute.

Last edited by SFUVancouver; Apr 3, 2009 at 5:03 AM.
     
     
  #1050  
Old Posted Apr 3, 2009, 7:57 PM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,127
cool patio
     
     
  #1051  
Old Posted Apr 3, 2009, 8:01 PM
Metro-One's Avatar
Metro-One Metro-One is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 18,030
I love the globe!
     
     
  #1052  
Old Posted Apr 3, 2009, 8:31 PM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,802
At International Village:
Is it the lighting or do the columns on the left (Espana) look skinnier than the columns on the right (Paris Place)?
     
     
  #1053  
Old Posted Apr 6, 2009, 4:16 PM
Hed Kandi's Avatar
Hed Kandi Hed Kandi is offline
+
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,575
Bosa Properties has a project listed on Main St. as "upcoming".

Anyone know what this would be?

http://www.bosaproperties.com/upcoming_projects.php
     
     
  #1054  
Old Posted Apr 6, 2009, 4:26 PM
vanlaw vanlaw is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
At International Village:
Is it the lighting or do the columns on the left (Espana) look skinnier than the columns on the right (Paris Place)?
I walked by last night and they seemed pretty uniform, but who knows, they may be off a little.
     
     
  #1055  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2009, 1:52 AM
jlousa's Avatar
jlousa jlousa is offline
Ferris Wheel Hater
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,371
No secret as to the Bosa project on Main St, it will be South of terminal, they won't be as tall as city gate is, they will step down as they head south. They've owned that property for years now.
     
     
  #1056  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2009, 2:06 AM
Jacques Jacques is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 430
from what I recall, it is the redevelopment of the land beginning at Terminal street going south towards first avenue, it has been on and off for while now, however that will change I hope.
     
     
  #1057  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2009, 4:52 AM
hollywoodnorth's Avatar
hollywoodnorth hollywoodnorth is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Posts: 6,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
No secret as to the Bosa project on Main St, it will be South of terminal, they won't be as tall as city gate is, they will step down as they head south. They've owned that property for years now.
what about the site they have at Milross and Main?
     
     
  #1058  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2009, 5:00 AM
jlousa's Avatar
jlousa jlousa is offline
Ferris Wheel Hater
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,371
Are you talking about Creekside which is already built and occupied? There is still a parking lot on the corner but I didn't think Bosa owns that.

The other project at Prior and Main isn't Bosa's.

Last edited by jlousa; Apr 7, 2009 at 5:24 AM.
     
     
  #1059  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2009, 5:59 AM
SpongeG's Avatar
SpongeG SpongeG is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 40,127
where the gas station used to be across from the main street skytrain station?

or down where burger king etc was?

vague hints not helping

jusr post a google map
     
     
  #1060  
Old Posted Apr 7, 2009, 8:10 PM
hollywoodnorth's Avatar
hollywoodnorth hollywoodnorth is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Posts: 6,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlousa View Post
Are you talking about Creekside which is already built and occupied? There is still a parking lot on the corner but I didn't think Bosa owns that.

The other project at Prior and Main isn't Bosa's.
Nope this site >> http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=49.276152,-123.100254&spn=0.000442,0.001544&t=h&z=20

Its owned by Bosa I am pretty sure

I live in Brighton
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:39 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.