Quote:
Originally Posted by mersar
To come. Of course any given interchange may have upwards of a half dozen or so bridges in it, so accounting for the 9 interchanges and 2 railway flyovers (which will be 2 bridges each) the number actually isn't that high. I don't think that number counts the existing bridge structures (Deerfoot @ 22X, 22X over Bow River), I'll have to dig out the maps when I get home and do a rough count (plus it may give an idea as to what level of completeness they are wanting to build initially)
|
What I can count from the Alberta Transportation website:
17th Ave
Peigan Trail
Over Railway tracks - 2 bridges
Glenmore Trail - 7 bridges
Over Irrigation Canal - 2 bridges
114th Ave
Over Railway tracks - 2 bridges
22x - 3 bridges
52nd Street
Deerfoot Trail - 7 new added to the 2 existing
mcKenzie Lake
Chaparral
That adds up to 29, so I'm assuming that's what it'll be.
Cranston will have even poorer access once everything is done, if nothing changes from the plans on the webpage. The current drawings make it impossible to get into Cranston directly if you are coming from the east on the 22x. Also, you can't get to Deerfoot southbound or 22x Eastbound from the McKenzie Lake/Cranston interchange.
Also, there are 2 separate ramps from Deerfoot Northbound to 22x Eastbound - though I suppose they are both required. The second little one allows people accessing Deerfoot northbound from 196th Ave to turn onto 22x eastbound, as the main exit comes off before the traffic from that interchange joins the flow.