Quote:
Originally Posted by mersar
Global mentioned on the news tonight that the province and city will be announcing funding for the SE part of the ring road next week 
|
This is a relief, I was worried this might get shelved after the provincial budget update this week and a call for capital spending cuts in light of the impending deficit.
Sorry Wooster - I still get excited about big new freeways (as long as they are not through or around downtown). I agree with Freeweed on the lack of good E-W routes in the north. And why in hell do we have that sorry excuse for an interchange at Glenmore and Deerfoot - the two busiest roads in Calgary. Deerfoot also reduces down to two lanes just north of the Ivor Strong bridge - figure that out.
If we can complete the ring road and Crowchild as free flow from 24th Ave NW accross the river I'll be satisfied (for the time being).