Quote:
Originally Posted by awvan
I meant to say artificial turf, so I was talking about Andy Livingstone, but there is also the field at Strathcona Park to the east (I think that's the one you are talking about). It might be a bit further walk, same with the Olympic Village, but damn, that's a lot of sports fields.
|
The last time I was at Strathcona was about a year ago, and I didn't notice any artificial turf fields there. There's a gravel field, a grass oval, and I believe two other grass fields. Did they install one recently?
There's a good reason for creating all these new artificial turf fields... the grass fields used for soccer very often become unusable (torn up) after the first month of the winter season, which is easy to do with all the rain we get. So you end up with a bunch of games being called off, and the season extending into baseball season... Also, the damage done to fields probably costs a lot to repair every year.
There's no shortage of demand for these all-weather turf fields. Believe me. Oh, and I believe Andy Livingstone is primarily for grass hockey games.