HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Feb 21, 2009, 3:50 AM
urbanboy urbanboy is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Downtown Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by cololi View Post
I don't think the SE corner of the salt palace is a waste of space. when the convention center is in use, that plaza has a lot of people milling about. When I go to conferences in other cities, I often hate the fact that I can't just go outside sit in the sun and take a break from the meetings. There are very few that I have been to that have a plaza like the one at the Salt Palace. I think usable plazas that are comfortable to be in are one of the unsung features that make places great. SLC has very few plazas where people actually sit down and take a load off.

There are far too many places across the street from the Salt Palace where a convention hotel would do just fine. 200 S is going to become a great street in the not to distant future. A convention hotel will be a great part of that street.
There is another plaza on the north corner by Symphony Hall where convention goers can sit and enjoy the sun. There is also Temple Square, including the Main Street Plaza.

Having the Convention Center Hotel on the same block will actually be more convenient for those visiting for conventions.
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:07 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.