I can understand Officedweller's confusion. There's another Indian movie theatre near the Broadway Skytrain station. But yeah, the one we're dealing with is close to Hastings, right beside Nick's Spaghetti House -- a restaurant close to my heart, but one that is also too crowded for my liking on my weekend evenings.
^Really? I'm a bit perplexed with the slow (and low slung) developments around Broadway Station. I'm sure it has to do with zoning laws or some other red tape, but for such a busy transit interchange it sure is underutilized.
^Really? I'm a bit perplexed with the slow (and low slung) developments around Broadway Station. I'm sure it has to do with zoning laws or some other red tape, but for such a busy transit interchange it sure is underutilized.
I imagine its a zoning thing. Broadway/Commercial is probably one of the most transit accessible locations in the entire region, the face that there's currently nothing there above 2 stories is absurd. They should be building 40 stories, not 4.
Actually the area around Broadway and Commercial is already one of the densest in the city even though it doesn't look it. If they build the aterials up to 4-6 floors it would be sufficient while still maintaining it's charm.
Some new renderings for the Redtruck brewery site which will be along the empty stretch of Terminal Ave. across from the flee market. Between this, the Containers buildings, the building that just went up and the tim hortons building coming soon this stretch will be unrecognizable in only 5yrs.
This one will be 8 stories, of which 70Ksqft will be the brewery and 140K of commercial space.
on south granville - next to the new Lucky Jeans - used to be two old corner/produce stores - both were closed down last fall - one has been completely demolished and says LEASED - I wonder what it will be... and the other store is a temp ronsons clearance shoe store and the other half is empty
also on dunabr at 16th I think it is - the one corner building looks empty and a development zoning sign is up - any idea what it will be? wicked views from there
Red truck building looks great, a nice homage to the industrial feel of the area... looks like the red brick building already in the neighbourhood, forget what it is for though?
I like seeing all the businesses embrace the flats but I still wish there would be a bit more residential just to keep the place safer and a little more vibrant after working hours and on the weekend... but I'm a total 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 to mixed use neighbourhoods.
Red truck building looks great, a nice homage to the industrial feel of the area... looks like the red brick building already in the neighbourhood, forget what it is for though?
I like seeing all the businesses embrace the flats but I still wish there would be a bit more residential just to keep the place safer and a little more vibrant after working hours and on the weekend... but I'm a total 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 to mixed use neighbourhoods.
If.. IF St. Paul's is ever re-located close by I'm sure there will be a demand for housing and many of the non-heritage houses north of that area will become more dense residential buildings.