HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #441  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2009, 5:31 PM
wild wild west wild wild west is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Dynamic City
Posts: 6,076
That looks freaking AWESOME. Looks like it could easily be the downtown core for a 5-6 million metro. The best part is, a lot of it - including the biggest single building - is currently under construction!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #442  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2009, 5:38 PM
Surrealplaces's Avatar
Surrealplaces Surrealplaces is offline
Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cowtropolis
Posts: 20,273
Very impressive Devin! A very accurate representation of the Bow. aside from the East Village, most of it is what we'll see in just the next couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Here is an aerial view, probably around 2030, after Fort Calgary and Stampede Park are redeveloped.

I've put in every possible development that will likely happen within the next 20 years. Of course, some buildings are stand-ins, but it gives a fairly accurate view of what can be expected.

Thanks to Wooster for double checking for me. Boris2k7 is MIA!

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #443  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2009, 6:04 PM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
Wow, thanks everyone! The nice comments are much appreciated.

There are some things I could add to the rendering, and new developments will keep coming out. I always say I'll update the renderings, but I'll probably just wait and do another one from another angle, only better!

Caltrane I agree, the Bow completely dominates the skyline, especially from this angle.

I would love to attempt an Edmonton rendering for my brothers to the north, I just don't know where everything goes. Perhaps if I had a diagram or map.

Thanks Bo! I'm sending you the high res, and you can see Imperial is in there, as well as a few developments you probably can't see with this terribly low res image.

Edit: Wow, almost 50,000 views!! I probably account for 45,000 of those, but still that's awesome!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #444  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2009, 6:45 PM
Eesome's Avatar
Eesome Eesome is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: CAlgary
Posts: 11
Great work! Luv these...

Quick question: What is this project? Can't find anything else on it...

[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #445  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2009, 7:16 PM
You Need A Thneed's Avatar
You Need A Thneed You Need A Thneed is offline
Construction Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Castleridge, NE Calgary
Posts: 5,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealplaces View Post
A very accurate representation of the Bow.
Maybe I'm just being nitpicky - as the Bow in this Picture looks great - but the Bow isn't accurate in that there are 12 "sections" of floors between the horizontals in the diagrid shown. There will be only 10 - with six floors in each section. The top section has two double high mechanical floors, so only 4 floors in that section, and the bottom section has only 5 floors, as the ground floor and the mezzanine floor together take up the spaace of 3 floors.

This brings the total number of floors to the 57 total. (I know the press releases and the info on this site say 58 - but perhaps they don't count the 13th floor or something - there are only 57)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #446  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2009, 7:49 PM
Innersoul1's Avatar
Innersoul1 Innersoul1 is offline
City of Blinding Lights
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,676
Killer work man!! This trumps all of the past one! Solid work as usual!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #447  
Old Posted Feb 18, 2009, 8:18 PM
Ruckus's Avatar
Ruckus Ruckus is offline
working stiff
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Woodlawn Cemetery
Posts: 2,583
Truly inspirational
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #448  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 6:20 AM
craner's Avatar
craner craner is offline
Go Tall or Go Home
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,425
Excellence as usual C-A-D. Please keep them coming - I love studying these renderings, exciting indeed.
For the new Flames arena did you steal an existing structure or come up with your own ?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #449  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 6:24 AM
ummagumma66's Avatar
ummagumma66 ummagumma66 is offline
Booooring!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Calgary
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eesome View Post
Great work! Luv these...

Quick question: What is this project? Can't find anything else on it...

[IMG][/IMG]
its the rumored "organic" building
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #450  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 4:29 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 25,231
In-sane!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #451  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 5:18 PM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
Thanks guys! And thanks to Centre City Talk for the shout out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post
Excellence as usual C-A-D. Please keep them coming - I love studying these renderings, exciting indeed.
For the new Flames arena did you steal an existing structure or come up with your own ?
The arena is based on the Sprint Centre in Kansas City. Something modern, and fairly simple.

YNAT: Correct, the Bow isn't 100% accurate, but neither is any other building in the rendering. It would take simply to long to get every building exactly how it's supposed to look. It does give me something to strive for for the next doodle however.

I'm starting to work on an Edmonton rendering, which I'll post in the Edmonton thread when I'm finished with it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #452  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 5:20 PM
Bigtime's Avatar
Bigtime Bigtime is offline
Very tall. Such Scrape.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
I'm starting to work on an Edmonton rendering, which I'll post in the Edmonton thread when I'm finished with it.
So that would take you like what, 20 minutes? Zing!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #453  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 5:30 PM
CtrlAltDel CtrlAltDel is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 741
Well since I'm not as familiar with the Edmonton projects, it could take me 40.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #454  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 6:47 PM
Innersoul1's Avatar
Innersoul1 Innersoul1 is offline
City of Blinding Lights
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
Well since I'm not as familiar with the Edmonton projects, it could take me 40.
CAD has officially taken on the dark side! LOL
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #455  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 6:52 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
So that would take you like what, 20 minutes? Zing!
or roughly 1/3 the amount of time to redo the skyline with multiple holes/capped parking lots in calgary
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #456  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 6:52 PM
Bigtime's Avatar
Bigtime Bigtime is offline
Very tall. Such Scrape.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,727
If you really want to go nuts with the Edmonton rendering you should have a version showing the Muni airport still open, and one with urban infill if they closed it down to redevelopment!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #457  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 6:53 PM
Bigtime's Avatar
Bigtime Bigtime is offline
Very tall. Such Scrape.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
or roughly 1/3 the amount of time to redo the skyline with multiple holes/capped parking lots in calgary
Touche, nicely done.

But seriously we aren't that bad for holes in the ground right now!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #458  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 6:56 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is online now
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 69,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
If you really want to go nuts with the Edmonton rendering you should have a version showing the Muni airport still open, and one with urban infill if they closed it down to redevelopment!
why you gotta taunt us...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #459  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 6:57 PM
feepa's Avatar
feepa feepa is offline
Change is good
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
If you really want to go nuts with the Edmonton rendering you should have a version showing the Muni airport still open, and one with urban infill if they closed it down to redevelopment!
I'd really love to see this!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #460  
Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 7:01 PM
Bigtime's Avatar
Bigtime Bigtime is offline
Very tall. Such Scrape.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
why you gotta taunt us...
Oh we've been taunted just as much with seeing all the developments that are not going ahead anytime soon in that latest rendering from CAD. Suffer with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feepa View Post
I'd really love to see this!
See I'm not the only one that thinks it would be an awesome idea!
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:37 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.