HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #4001  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2009, 9:15 PM
Dmajackson's Avatar
Dmajackson Dmajackson is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B3K Halifax, NS
Posts: 9,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmatt View Post
Ahh thanks, no need to be sorry, just curious is all, that's usually the way it goes.
Just to be a little more accurate its in Dartouth Crossing not one of the malls.

I've been to Champlain multiple times before and I've always wondered how many stores there are in the place? Whatever it is it's a massive mall.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4002  
Old Posted Feb 1, 2009, 11:56 PM
mylesmalley's Avatar
mylesmalley mylesmalley is offline
Moderator / Supervillain
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 4,103
Champlain Place boasts (from their website).

"With over 160 stores and services there are thousands of gift ideas under one roof!!"

The fact that they used double punctuation makes me hate that mall even more. Multiple! exclamation! marks! don't! make! what! you! say! more! exciting!!
__________________
"When you go home tonight, there's gonna be another story on your house! "
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4003  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2009, 12:51 AM
Dmajackson's Avatar
Dmajackson Dmajackson is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B3K Halifax, NS
Posts: 9,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
Champlain Place boasts (from their website).

"With over 160 stores and services there are thousands of gift ideas under one roof!!"

The fact that they used double punctuation makes me hate that mall even more. Multiple! exclamation! marks! don't! make! what! you! say! more! exciting!!
Thanks "myles".

LOL Clearly using more exclamation marks makes what you say more angry.

The only complaint I have about the mall is there is absolutely no cell serivce in that place. When I last there I was happy when my phone died because my phone resends me the last text message everytime I go out of service area. You'd think you'd get phone service in the downtown of a city.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4004  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2009, 2:06 AM
mylesmalley's Avatar
mylesmalley mylesmalley is offline
Moderator / Supervillain
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 4,103
I've wondered that myself. It most likely has something to do with the construction of the building. Maybe a metal roof is a poor conductor of cellular signals?
__________________
"When you go home tonight, there's gonna be another story on your house! "
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4005  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2009, 3:24 AM
mmmatt's Avatar
mmmatt mmmatt is offline
Our Tide is Rising
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
I've wondered that myself. It most likely has something to do with the construction of the building. Maybe a metal roof is a poor conductor of cellular signals?
Thats exactly it. Too much interference, there are at least 5 cell towers within 2 km of the mall and I always have perfect signal anywhere in metro moncton, but as soon as you go into the mall of wal-mart etc its down to 1 or 2 bars.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4006  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2009, 1:36 PM
JasonL-Moncton JasonL-Moncton is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 757
I thought La Vie en Rose was going on Mapleton??
__________________
Jason
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4007  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2009, 4:36 PM
FireEyedBoy's Avatar
FireEyedBoy FireEyedBoy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 26
Work has started at the site for the new Justice center, they are surveying and driving stakes in the ground now. I work at the Rogers call center accross the street, once the construction starts I will try to remember to take pics and post them here.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4008  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2009, 6:58 PM
ErickMontreal's Avatar
ErickMontreal ErickMontreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Bay-Westfield :: NB
Posts: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonL-Moncton View Post
I thought La Vie en Rose was going on Mapleton??
From what I have heard, they was supposed to open up a factory outlet store in Mapleton Power center like the one in Dartmouth Crossing.

At the end, maybe Moncton will get both.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4009  
Old Posted Feb 2, 2009, 10:07 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErickMontreal View Post
From what I have heard, they was supposed to open up a factory outlet store in Mapleton Power center like the one in Dartmouth Crossing.

At the end, maybe Moncton will get both.
Well, we have a Danier Leather store at Champlain and a Danier Leather Factory Outlet at Trinity so I guess that it is possible.....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4010  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 8:41 PM
C_Boy's Avatar
C_Boy C_Boy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 216
GMIA Airport Numbers

Greater Moncton Airport has record year
February 03, 2009 - 12:02 pm
By: Rebecca Davis - News 91.9 Staff



MONCTON, NB - Amid a continued downturn in worldwide air travel, the Greater Moncton International Airport bucked the trend, by serving a record number of passengers in 2008.

Data shows that 573,688 people chose the Moncton airport in 2008, which is a 10.6 percent increase over 2007.

Airport president and ceo Rob Robichaud says airport officials are thrilled to have had another great year.

"We're very pleased - we were projecting an increase of between 6 and 8 (percent). But a number of factors come into play beyond our expectations and we got into the double digits."

Robichaud attributes the airport's success to its location and this region's dependency on air travel for business
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4011  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 9:41 PM
Dmajackson's Avatar
Dmajackson Dmajackson is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B3K Halifax, NS
Posts: 9,981
Hey I got a question. Whats the concert line-up looking like for Magnetic Hill this summer?

I really want to know if there is anything worthwhile taking a weekend off to head up to see.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4012  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 9:48 PM
mylesmalley's Avatar
mylesmalley mylesmalley is offline
Moderator / Supervillain
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 4,103
I don't think they've announced if/what the big act/acts could/will be.
Sorry lol.
Answer your question?
__________________
"When you go home tonight, there's gonna be another story on your house! "
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4013  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 9:48 PM
kirjtc2's Avatar
kirjtc2 kirjtc2 is offline
Nashwaaksissy
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fredericton, NB
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ View Post
Hey I got a question. Whats the concert line-up looking like for Magnetic Hill this summer?

I really want to know if there is anything worthwhile taking a weekend off to head up to see.
No announcement yet....AC/DC is rumoured to be the headlining act for NB Day weekend but it's not official.

I think last year we got an announcement around the end of March.
__________________
Fredericton: We're #3! We're #3!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4014  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 10:10 PM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,353
60-day countdown
Published Tuesday February 3rd, 2009


The organizing committee for the 2009 Ford World Men’s Curling Championship, in partnership with United Way, Downtown Moncton Development, and the City of Moncton, is holding 60 Sweeps To The World’s today. This represents the 60-day countdown to the World Championships here in Moncton. For this event, a curling rink was built outside Moncton City Hall where one of the local curling leagues, the Ben Lavigne Curling League, will play its regular league games on the ice surface, from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m today. Here, Doug Mersereau and Al Forsythe flood the surface.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4015  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 10:16 PM
mylesmalley's Avatar
mylesmalley mylesmalley is offline
Moderator / Supervillain
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 4,103
Great photo
__________________
"When you go home tonight, there's gonna be another story on your house! "
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4016  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 11:11 PM
Dmajackson's Avatar
Dmajackson Dmajackson is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: B3K Halifax, NS
Posts: 9,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirjtc2 View Post
No announcement yet....AC/DC is rumoured to be the headlining act for NB Day weekend but it's not official.

I think last year we got an announcement around the end of March.
Ah okay thanks.

I thought you guys might have some announced since Halifax just had KISS oficially announced today.

I guess I'll have to keep on reading this thread for awhile yet to see if anything good comes to town.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4017  
Old Posted Feb 3, 2009, 11:30 PM
mylesmalley's Avatar
mylesmalley mylesmalley is offline
Moderator / Supervillain
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 4,103
We'll keep you informed.
__________________
"When you go home tonight, there's gonna be another story on your house! "
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4018  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2009, 12:04 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,353
The rumour is that there may be two concerts on the hill this year.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4019  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2009, 12:57 AM
Marchabsfan Marchabsfan is offline
Marcus
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Moncton
Posts: 7
concert possibilities?

hey, I'm a chef at the delta beausejour and I was at the press conference for the eagles concert and it was a really really nice setup. Hopefully I will get the info earlier then everyone else. We prep the food for these things 1 or 2 days in advance.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4020  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2009, 1:03 AM
MonctonRad's Avatar
MonctonRad MonctonRad is online now
Wildcats Rule!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton NB
Posts: 41,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchabsfan View Post
hey, I'm a chef at the delta beausejour and I was at the press conference for the eagles concert and it was a really really nice setup. Hopefully I will get the info earlier then everyone else. We prep the food for these things 1 or 2 days in advance.

Welcome to the forum Marchabsfan, we are always eager to have people on the inside who can provide us with all the juicy rumours.

It's amazing how many people are now on the Moncton forum.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:58 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.