HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2001  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:35 AM
deasine deasine is offline
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,747
New Mark II Trains have been moved to a separate thread by usog (previously by officedweller). Posts have been also moved to that thread.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=163608
     
     
  #2002  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:37 AM
deasine deasine is offline
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by zivan56 View Post
Looks like it has the same type of seats on the bus. It also seems to have lots of single seats on one side compared to 2 that they have now...or does it just appear that way. Finally, some more knee room (hopefully?)
It seems that all the seats are either forward or back facing. Like on the TransLink document information I posted back, there is a new seat reconfiguration and it looks like they decided to remove one seat on side of the train... so it looks like:

     
     
  #2003  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:37 AM
deasine deasine is offline
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by zivan56 View Post
Looks like it has the same type of seats on the bus. It also seems to have lots of single seats on one side compared to 2 that they have now...or does it just appear that way. Finally, some more knee room (hopefully?)
It seems that all the seats are either forward or back facing. Like on the TransLink document information I posted back, there is a new seat reconfiguration and it looks like they decided to remove one seat on side of the train... so it looks like:

     
     
  #2004  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:39 AM
Metro-One's Avatar
Metro-One Metro-One is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 18,025
SWEEEEET, I hope they re-paint all the older cars as well. thanks for sharing
     
     
  #2005  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:39 AM
Metro-One's Avatar
Metro-One Metro-One is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 18,025
SWEEEEET, I hope they re-paint all the older cars as well. thanks for sharing
     
     
  #2006  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:40 AM
zivan56 zivan56 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,207
I meant the same thin type of seats (compared to the old ones which have that thick plastic case), not the sideways facing ones. I just watched the video in high quality, and there is definitely one side of the train with only single seats...
     
     
  #2007  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:40 AM
zivan56 zivan56 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,207
I meant the same thin type of seats (compared to the old ones which have that thick plastic case), not the sideways facing ones. I just watched the video in high quality, and there is definitely one side of the train with only single seats...
     
     
  #2008  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:44 AM
deasine deasine is offline
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,747
Another thing I noticed are the bars now yellow... I preferred the stainless steel we have right now on the Mark IIs. The interiors are a little darker with light gray and dark gray, but then it's also easier to clean and won't look as messy. Is that an overhead bar I see on the new MKIIs? =D
     
     
  #2009  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:44 AM
deasine deasine is offline
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,747
Another thing I noticed are the bars now yellow... I preferred the stainless steel we have right now on the Mark IIs. The interiors are a little darker with light gray and dark gray, but then it's also easier to clean and won't look as messy. Is that an overhead bar I see on the new MKIIs? =D
     
     
  #2010  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:44 AM
Distill3d's Avatar
Distill3d Distill3d is offline
Glorfied Overrated Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver (Burnaby), British Columbia
Posts: 4,151
the new paint scheme makes the other ones look like hunks of nakedness. i love it! wonder if the new SeaBus will come in that color combo?
__________________
The Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.
     
     
  #2011  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:44 AM
Distill3d's Avatar
Distill3d Distill3d is offline
Glorfied Overrated Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Vancouver (Burnaby), British Columbia
Posts: 4,151
the new paint scheme makes the other ones look like hunks of nakedness. i love it! wonder if the new SeaBus will come in that color combo?
__________________
The Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.
     
     
  #2012  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:45 AM
deasine deasine is offline
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by zivan56 View Post
I meant the same thin type of seats (compared to the old ones which have that thick plastic case), not the sideways facing ones. I just watched the video in high quality, and there is definitely one side of the train with only single seats...
Yeah I got that.. =P I was expecting the new seat configuration to be on the sides like the MKIs and not this. But I like this better =)

I wish the Canada Line trains look like this with blue and green instead of what we have now... -___-"
     
     
  #2013  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:45 AM
deasine deasine is offline
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by zivan56 View Post
I meant the same thin type of seats (compared to the old ones which have that thick plastic case), not the sideways facing ones. I just watched the video in high quality, and there is definitely one side of the train with only single seats...
Yeah I got that.. =P I was expecting the new seat configuration to be on the sides like the MKIs and not this. But I like this better =)

I wish the Canada Line trains look like this with blue and green instead of what we have now... -___-"
     
     
  #2014  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:48 AM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,790
Not sure if I like the gray part of the swoop on the sides - looks like they missed an area painting it.

++++

NOTE the destination sign board inside the front window of the new car!!

++++
     
     
  #2015  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:48 AM
officedweller officedweller is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 41,790
Not sure if I like the gray part of the swoop on the sides - looks like they missed an area painting it.

++++

NOTE the destination sign board inside the front window of the new car!!

++++
     
     
  #2016  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:49 AM
deasine deasine is offline
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Not sure if I like the gray part of the swoop on the sides - looks like they missed an area painting it.

++++

NOTE the destination sign board inside the front window of the new car!!

++++
Didn't notice that =P I like that too =D

One more picture:
     
     
  #2017  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:49 AM
deasine deasine is offline
Vancouver Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Not sure if I like the gray part of the swoop on the sides - looks like they missed an area painting it.

++++

NOTE the destination sign board inside the front window of the new car!!

++++
Didn't notice that =P I like that too =D

One more picture:
     
     
  #2018  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:56 AM
Mac Write Mac Write is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,423
Destination sign looks like an after-thought. doesn't blend in with the design like it does on the Canada Line cars.
     
     
  #2019  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:56 AM
Mac Write Mac Write is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,423
Destination sign looks like an after-thought. doesn't blend in with the design like it does on the Canada Line cars.
     
     
  #2020  
Old Posted Jan 15, 2009, 2:56 AM
Metro-One's Avatar
Metro-One Metro-One is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Japan
Posts: 18,025
Honestly, think about how much better our mass transit system is going to be by the end of this year compared to 2000 (remember, back then the M-line was still u/c). And then think about all the great expansions to take place over the next 5 to 10 years. With these new cars, the C-line, the Expo renovations and the evergreen line we will actually have a good system, especially if the UBC and Surrey extensions happen along with downtown's street car and the interurban.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:19 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.