It's been snowing nonstop since I woke this morning at 7:30 - and still hasn't stopped. Last itme I was in Vancouver for the Xmas holidays was back in 2006, and I never saw a flake.
I saw a car slide backwards this morning about 40-50 feet right in front of my brother's house in North Delta, but thankfully didn't hit anything. Probably still had summer tires on. A few more cars had trouble on our street, too. However, my brother's Honda CRV SUV gave him no real problems, as it was fitted with all-season tires - and that my brother's probably had more experience in winter driving than a lot of people in Metro Van do (like me, he was born and grew up in Alberta).
__________________
Edmonton/Amiskwacîwâskahikan Lat. 53° 34'N Elevation 671 m (2201 ft) Pop. 1,010,899 (2021 city) 1,418,118 (2021 metro) - North America's northernmost metro area over one million.
|