
Not really, the way the tower is designed with the twisting the entire thing would have to be redesigned if the height was changed... not really feasable at this point in the project. Not impossible but highly improabable. Not to mention the civic hurdles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG
i don't get who they are concerned about losing mountain views?
|
I've gotta say I am all for keeping the mountain views. Let the plots without view cones go up to a thousand damn feet for all I care but those view cones are special. I cant even begin to imagine how many times I have been driving a visitor in from YVR and cresting the last hill on Granville or Oak seeing their expression as the city and mountains are laid out before them. There are very few other cities on earth, if any, where you can replicate that view. It is something special and we shouldn’t take it for granted and loose that gift just to throw a couple skyscrapers up that are 200ft taller than what would originally be there.
/end rant