It is hard to tell from the first few photos, were any caissons driven at the 80ft hole depth? Maybe just for the taller portion and not the podium? Was a mat/pad poured?
You know, I never cared for the Conde Naste, but I've seen so much of it in pictures and in person lately that the thing has grown on me... yeah, I think I do like it, actually.
That's an excellent view, NYguy... it really gives a good idea of the relative sizes of the towers. I'm particularly impressed to see how the tip of the
BofA tower's roof is in line with the base of the ESB's mast. I guess the BofA really is tall, isn't it?
Bank of America's highest roof at 944 feet, is lower than the Empire State Building's highest floor which is at 1,224 feet. The top of BOA's Spire is 1,200'. Only from that perspective looking south does BOA appear taller.
^ I don't think that he means it looks taller than the ESB, but that it's taller than it appears from some angles. These aerials are a good indication of the heights of both towers in relation to the surrounding buildings...