Quote:
Originally Posted by furrycanuck
Just bought tix for the Sled Island concerts at Shaw Millennium Park the 27-28... Of Montreal, Tegan and Sara, Broken Social Scene, Mogwai... two days are $125. There are tons of shows at venues all over DT/Beltline, including Chad VG at the science museum.
|
High-time this thread name get's changed to "Alberta Summer Music Festivals"
I wish I wasn't busy on the weekend of Sled Island! That lineup points to a great fest. You folks down in Calgary are LUCKY. Support this stuff. For one, it'll take the sting out of the mixed fan/media reactions to Virgin. More importantly, this fest has unrivaled potential to become legendary as the years progress.
Another fest I actually hope to make it out to is South Country Fair later in July down in Fort Macleod. They confirmed Geoff Berner recently, saw his show last year @ the Powerplant in Edmonton and he was hilarious. Leeroy Stagger is also gonna be there, amongst others.