HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive


    375 East Wacker Drive in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #621  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 12:20 AM
Ch.G, Ch.G's Avatar
Ch.G, Ch.G Ch.G, Ch.G is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianXSands View Post
what happend to the three towers?
Hadn't someone said that that was in fact an older rendering?
     
     
  #622  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 4:46 PM
Dolemite Dolemite is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 130
What happened to the height? I thought that this was supposed to be 82 floors and 921 feet? And rumored for a height increase to supertall status.
     
     
  #623  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 5:27 PM
ItsConanOBrien ItsConanOBrien is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 2,948
I'm not usually a fan of these types of buildings but I got a good feeling about this one. I kind of like the whole base area. I look forward to seeing this at a few more angles.
     
     
  #624  
Old Posted Jan 8, 2008, 10:14 PM
Northwest Northwest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 413
Well, when the height estimate in the thread title changes, I tend to take that information as fact.
Sure, I would love to see this baby 200' taller, with flanking towers, but if the execution is well done, using quality materials, this will still be a stunning structure at 840'.
Hell, I would be proud to call this my home, and given the fact that I may be in the market for delivery of a downtown condo ~2010 - 2012, this just may be on my wish list!
BTW, does anyone know whats inside that MASSIVE base? Is that ALL parking?
     
     
  #625  
Old Posted Jan 9, 2008, 2:10 AM
aaron38's Avatar
aaron38 aaron38 is offline
312
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,346
A lot of the base is a hotel.
     
     
  #626  
Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 5:10 PM
simcityaustin simcityaustin is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Usa
Posts: 407
It's been two months...any news/rumors?
     
     
  #627  
Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 5:16 PM
Steely Dan's Avatar
Steely Dan Steely Dan is online now
devout Pizzatarian
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lincoln Square, Chicago
Posts: 30,518
if there were any news or rumors to report, they would have been posted in this thread.
__________________
"Missing middle" housing can be a marvelous middle ground for many middle class families.
     
     
  #628  
Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 5:51 PM
Alliance's Avatar
Alliance Alliance is offline
NEW YORK | CHICAGO
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,532
Woah...but why 840'? what did I miss?
__________________
My: Skyscraper Art - Diagrams - Diagram Thread
     
     
  #629  
Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 5:58 PM
Steely Dan's Avatar
Steely Dan Steely Dan is online now
devout Pizzatarian
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Lincoln Square, Chicago
Posts: 30,518
^ go back and read post #613
__________________
"Missing middle" housing can be a marvelous middle ground for many middle class families.
     
     
  #630  
Old Posted Mar 11, 2008, 10:44 PM
simcityaustin simcityaustin is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Usa
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
if there were any news or rumors to report, they would have been posted in this thread.
Yea, I know, but sometimes when people bump threads it reminds people of rumors/news they've heard, which I was hoping to be the case. Guess not.

Anyways, did we ever get any type of estimated start date on this?
     
     
  #631  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2008, 8:05 PM
Juan_M2118 Juan_M2118 is offline
Closed account
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 49
Question

Anything going on with this one?
     
     
  #632  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2008, 8:18 PM
Alliance's Avatar
Alliance Alliance is offline
NEW YORK | CHICAGO
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,532
If there was, someone would have posted.
__________________
My: Skyscraper Art - Diagrams - Diagram Thread
     
     
  #633  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2008, 8:18 PM
aaron38's Avatar
aaron38 aaron38 is offline
312
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,346
At this point, I think it's a pretty safe bet that there won't be movement on Arquetectonica until Aqua is topped out. We're looking at another year, at least. Get comfy.
     
     
  #634  
Old Posted Apr 20, 2008, 10:09 PM
honte honte is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chicago - every nook and cranny
Posts: 4,628
^ I don't know about that... there isn't much product at all left in Aqua. If Magellan feels that they have a niche in the presently reduced market, they might go ahead with marketing it anyway.
__________________
"Every building is a landmark until proven otherwise." - Harry Mohr Weese

"I often say, 'Look, see, enjoy, and love.' It's a long way from looking to loving, but it's worth the effort." - Walter Andrew Netsch Jr.
     
     
  #635  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2008, 5:02 AM
Alliance's Avatar
Alliance Alliance is offline
NEW YORK | CHICAGO
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,532
And hopefully feel there is enough niche to make this building its original height.
__________________
My: Skyscraper Art - Diagrams - Diagram Thread
     
     
  #636  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2008, 2:00 PM
aaron38's Avatar
aaron38 aaron38 is offline
312
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Palatine
Posts: 4,346
Oh yeah, I would hope they wouldn't wait a year to start marketing. They probably should start that soon.
I was talking about actual construction.
     
     
  #637  
Old Posted Apr 21, 2008, 3:34 PM
BVictor1's Avatar
BVictor1 BVictor1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,831
^^^
Whether they wait or not, I'm sure it's a safe bet to say that it'll be built. LSE has been very successful, and I don't see things suddenly going under.
__________________
titanic1
     
     
  #638  
Old Posted Jun 16, 2008, 5:28 PM
Dr. Taco Dr. Taco is offline
...
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 92626
Posts: 3,415
just letting you know I'm still thinking of you, arquitectonica

*hugs*
     
     
  #639  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 10:26 PM
Chicagoguy Chicagoguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 681
I believe I read that this one has been approved? If so when might sales start for it? When are they projecting construction to start?

Last edited by Chicagoguy; Jun 20, 2008 at 10:46 PM.
     
     
  #640  
Old Posted Jun 20, 2008, 10:43 PM
MrLakepoint MrLakepoint is offline
Chicago, il.- Malibu, Ca
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago, Malibu
Posts: 198
edit...
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:30 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.