Quote:
Originally Posted by clooless
..... One advantage to using compatible technology is that it ensures some competitive bids. Bombardier won't have us over a barrel.
.....If I recall correctly when the Liberals swept into power they made no firm commitments on an extension and Translink stumbled along for years trying to find the money to get it built.
|
Huge advantage....or negotiating tactic....
The PMC Line was cut by the Liberals following I think it was called the "Core Review"? to cut government spending. Since them the economy has changed. I kept trying to tell Queetz (member who moved away) that the Liberals cancelled the PMC extension but he never believed me.
*********
BTW - train control, signalling, etc. is from Thales (formerly Alcatel), the rail gauge is North American standard gauge. Car dimensions would have to correspond with turning clearances, platform heights, etc. on the existing lines if they are to be interlined.