HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2041  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 10:57 PM
ErickMontreal's Avatar
ErickMontreal ErickMontreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Bay-Westfield :: NB
Posts: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_pendousmat2 View Post
Driving up mountain rd yesterday I saw two new signs up with renders for strip mall type developments...Ill get pics sometime if I get a chance...also Prestige Homes set up a new office near the new Jean Coutou on mountain rd as well within the last month or so with demo homes.
I saw a new render (Collier Int.) on Mapleton nearby the Car-Wash, if you have time you should pass by.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2042  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 11:08 PM
mmmatt's Avatar
mmmatt mmmatt is offline
Our Tide is Rising
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxMtl666 View Post
I saw a new render (Collier Int.) on Mapleton nearby the Car-Wash, if you have time you should pass by.
Really? Retail? Thats pretty cool, new renders popping up all over the place these past few weeks, Im not complaining

Speaking of Mapleton I passed by the new hotel going up near there and the highway...its HUGE! six stories and all...wish they could have invested in downtown, but I guess that area needs more right now.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2043  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 11:13 PM
ErickMontreal's Avatar
ErickMontreal ErickMontreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Bay-Westfield :: NB
Posts: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_pendousmat2 View Post
Really? Retail? Thats pretty cool, new renders popping up all over the place these past few weeks, Im not complaining
Hard to say, at the first glance it seemed like being a office building. From what I saw of it , the design is nice.

Moreover, the Mapleton Power Center as well as the Clinic/retail should re-start in the new few days.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2044  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 11:21 PM
ErickMontreal's Avatar
ErickMontreal ErickMontreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Bay-Westfield :: NB
Posts: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_pendousmat2 View Post
Speaking of Mapleton I passed by the new hotel going up near there and the highway...its HUGE! six stories and all...wish they could have invested in downtown, but I guess that area needs more right now.
Yeah, that area is growing on a fast pace, did you see the whole rendering for the land surrounding the hotel ? They have planned retail, restaurant and a gaz-bar as well.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2045  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 11:28 PM
mmmatt's Avatar
mmmatt mmmatt is offline
Our Tide is Rising
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxMtl666 View Post
Yeah, that area is growing on a fast pace, did you see the whole rendering for the land surrounding the hotel ? They have planned retail, restaurant and a gaz-bar as well.
I think I saw it a while ago, but I cant remember what it looked like...


so currently going on up there (by which I mean the Trinity/Mapleton/Mountain rd area) we have:

1. 6 story hotel

2. Large new power center with NBs 1st "The Brick" as anchor

3. Medical Clinic with retail space

4. New office/retail or whatever that thing is you saw haha

5. two new small strips of retail on mountain rd

6. two storey Lawtons store just opened within last two months.

I should get pictures so I can make that into a nice looking/properly worded list
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2046  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 11:34 PM
ErickMontreal's Avatar
ErickMontreal ErickMontreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Bay-Westfield :: NB
Posts: 3,088
Moreover, you could add infrastructure works on Mapleton to your list, should start in mid-May.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2047  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 11:41 PM
mmmatt's Avatar
mmmatt mmmatt is offline
Our Tide is Rising
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxMtl666 View Post
Moreover, you could add infrastructure works on Mapleton to your list, should start in mid-May.
Oh yes thats right! too much development, need to widen the street to handle it all
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2048  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 11:47 PM
ErickMontreal's Avatar
ErickMontreal ErickMontreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Bay-Westfield :: NB
Posts: 3,088
I looking foward to see Mapleton Power Center line-up, we should get some exclusivities. ( Provincially )
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2049  
Old Posted Apr 27, 2008, 11:56 PM
mmmatt's Avatar
mmmatt mmmatt is offline
Our Tide is Rising
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxMtl666 View Post
I looking foward to see Mapleton Power Center line-up, we should get some exclusivities. ( Provincially )
Yeah thats pretty much guaranteed, unless its all doubles of existing stores in Moncton, which is highly unlikely. I was really hoping for MEC, thats really too bad, I know they could do really well in Moncton...we should do a city wide petition, go door to door and get signatures...Citizens for a MEC in Moncton!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2050  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 12:00 AM
ErickMontreal's Avatar
ErickMontreal ErickMontreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Bay-Westfield :: NB
Posts: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_pendousmat2 View Post
Yeah thats pretty much guaranteed, unless its all doubles of existing stores in Moncton, which is highly unlikely. I was really hoping for MEC, thats really too bad, I know they could do really well in Moncton...we should do a city wide petition, go door to door and get signatures...Citizens for a MEC in Moncton!!
From what a I know about them, they used to set up shop old Downtown buildings. Unfortunatly for us it is quite unlikely to see them getting involved in a Power center development.

So we could foresee some girly stores as Jacob Connexion, Laura, Esprit, Tristan, La vie en rose and so on.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2051  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 12:04 AM
mmmatt's Avatar
mmmatt mmmatt is offline
Our Tide is Rising
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxMtl666 View Post
From what a I know about them, they used to set up shop in old Downtown building. Unfortunatly for us it is quite unlikely to see them getting involved in a Power center development.

So we could expect some girly stores as Jacob Connexion, Laura, Esprit, Tristan, La vie en rose and so on.
Yeah, too bad for us, but good for them...I wish there were more stores like that! We need strong urban supporters in the retail world...maybe once downtown Moncton gets a convention center, new arena, justice complex and possibly a new casino/hotel etc we will see an increase in retail down there, and then maybe we could attract the likes of MEC...heres hoping!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2052  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 12:10 AM
ErickMontreal's Avatar
ErickMontreal ErickMontreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Bay-Westfield :: NB
Posts: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_pendousmat2 View Post
Yeah, too bad for us, but good for them...I wish there were more stores like that! We need strong urban supporters in the retail world...maybe once downtown Moncton gets a convention center, new arena, justice complex and possibly a new casino/hotel etc we will see an increase in retail down there, and then maybe we could attract the likes of MEC...heres hoping!
We could wish it ! Maybe with the planned refurbischement of Highfield square`s dead body, the downtown retail will turn out great and revelant.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2053  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 12:11 AM
mylesmalley's Avatar
mylesmalley mylesmalley is offline
Moderator / Supervillain
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 4,103
Anyone know when the strip mall at the intersection of mountain and Evergreen was supposed to start? I used to drive by there almost every day. They put the sign up sometime last summer, but nothing seems to have been done there.
__________________
"When you go home tonight, there's gonna be another story on your house! "
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2054  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 12:17 AM
mmmatt's Avatar
mmmatt mmmatt is offline
Our Tide is Rising
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
Anyone know when the strip mall at the intersection of mountain and Evergreen was supposed to start? I used to drive by there almost every day. They put the sign up sometime last summer, but nothing seems to have been done there.
Yeah that sign has been there for quite a while with no action, starting to lose hope, kinda sad though cause its a really nice looking design for a strip mall, two floors and everything. Who knows, maybe we will see something happen this summer...next time I go by ill take down the company name, see if I can e-mail them or something...ask what the status is. One of the new signs I was talking about is between NBCC and the former church/swingers club haha
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2055  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 12:20 AM
ErickMontreal's Avatar
ErickMontreal ErickMontreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Bay-Westfield :: NB
Posts: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
Anyone know when the strip mall at the intersection of mountain and Evergreen was supposed to start? I used to drive by there almost every day. They put the sign up sometime last summer, but nothing seems to have been done there.
Good question.

Does someone know whats going on with the Motel-6 project along Mountain road by the highway exit ?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2056  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 12:24 AM
mmmatt's Avatar
mmmatt mmmatt is offline
Our Tide is Rising
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxMtl666 View Post
Good question.

Does someone know whats going on with the Motel-6 project along Mountain road by the highway exit ?
Nope...is that where its going? I didnt even know that haha...I figured it was going somewhere around there, but I wasnt sure the exact location...I passed by fairly recently maybe a week or so ago and I didnt see a sign, but I wasnt really looking...

Also has anyone heard about that Microtel Inn that was supposed to be coming to town?

OH and BTW in case anyone was wondering that new hotel by the Big Stop in Sailsbury is U/C...last time I went by they were working on the foundations.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2057  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 12:28 AM
ErickMontreal's Avatar
ErickMontreal ErickMontreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Bay-Westfield :: NB
Posts: 3,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu_pendousmat2 View Post
Nope...is that where its going? I didnt even know that haha...I figured it was going somewhere around there, but I wasnt sure the exact location...I passed by fairly recently maybe a week or so ago and I didnt see a sign, but I wasnt really looking...
It supposed to be located in front Holiday Inn or Country Inn on Mountain road. One thing is for sure, there was a sign last october, I even took a shot of it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2058  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 12:35 AM
mmmatt's Avatar
mmmatt mmmatt is offline
Our Tide is Rising
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxMtl666 View Post
It supposed to be located in front Holiday Inn or Country Inn on Mountain road. One thing is for sure, there was a sign last october, I even took a shot of it.
Oh well its probably still there, I just didnt see it sorry! Why dont you have the picture up on page 1?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2059  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 12:36 AM
ErickMontreal's Avatar
ErickMontreal ErickMontreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Grand Bay-Westfield :: NB
Posts: 3,088
No problem, I dont think the picture is actually on page 1.

Motel 6
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2060  
Old Posted Apr 28, 2008, 12:41 AM
mylesmalley's Avatar
mylesmalley mylesmalley is offline
Moderator / Supervillain
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moncton, NB
Posts: 4,103
I wonder why all these hotels are being built at Mapleton. I mean, the intersection of mountain and TCH has all the infrastructure, it's closer to all the big tourist attractions etc.
__________________
"When you go home tonight, there's gonna be another story on your house! "
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:01 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.