^ Search for 321 North Clark. Quaker moved to a newer building west of the river (Emporis keeps the Quaker name in the alternate name field, but the search function might be operating in basic mode right now). The building is a plain, dark green glass box, with slightly pronounced aluminum mullions between windows.
^ Search for 321 North Clark. Quaker moved to a newer building west of the river (Emporis keeps the Quaker name in the alternate name field, but the search function might be operating in basic mode right now). The building is a plain, dark green glass box, with slightly pronounced aluminum mullions between windows.
Thanks DAN, I found it now, i really didnt know the adress!!!
again, THANKS
I wonder if this new SCB rental tower at Lake / Wells will do anything architecturally to address its strange site along the L? The design seems almost entirely ignorant of its unusual circumstances. The site is a challenge, but one that could result in a really exciting solution if enough consideration were made.
I wonder if you might snap a photo next time you go by there? This is one tower that has almost escaped the Boom without any photos.
Speaking of which, the progress on the Brininstool+Lynch tower in downtown Oak Park seems to be moving along well. Haven't seen any photos of that site in ages. HarryC, don't you live out that way? It would be great to see some photos of the progress if you ever happen to be there with your camera.
- I didn't realize it fell into the high rise category, I wouldn't call it a tower. The images make it look bland and unoffensive - time will tell. I hate the way Harlem has been expanded almost to the walls of the stores, really kills that street for pedestrians.
I'm not sold on the aesthetics yet either, especially the precast. However, the construction is much more unusual than I was expecting, and I am really glad you shot these.
The Mid City Garage at 200 N Wells St is now closed.
Great catch, SW. I've been patiently waiting for any sign that this project is proceeding. I never expected it to happen so soon. (Then again, the parking lot at the Mandarin site was closed and emptied, and we all know how that's turned out.)