This afternoon's rain, snow and hail storm, depending on one's local micro climate, resulted in downtown being simultaneously drenched and bathed in odd light. I happened to have my camera at the ready.

My photo, taken March 27th, 2008.

My photo, taken March 27th, 2008.
(Zoomed in on the Shangri-La)

My photo, taken March 27th, 2008.
Half an hour later the skies had cleared.

My photo, taken March 27th, 2008.
The Olympic Village construction precinct from the Cambie Street Bridge.

My photo, taken March 27th, 2008.
The Dragon Boat people are out on the water, one more sure sign that spring is upon us.

My photo, taken March 27th, 2008.
A very low tide today. Habitat Island appears to have doubled in size. The daylighted stream will empty into the creek through this micro bay so there should always be some water present here in the future. For now the stream is damed and the water is being pumped into the creek on the other side of the island.

My photo, taken March 27th, 2008.
Some dark metal obelisks have been added to the south side of the mini-bay. I like the enclosure they offer. They also appear to have lighting of some sort at the top.

My photo, taken March 27th, 2008.
A closer view of the sentinals. They appear to be quite shiny and almost a dark, burnished maroon brass colour. I like them. They are my favourite element of the industrial motif of the site, public memory and all.

My photo, taken March 27th, 2008.
I noticed this on my way home tonight and snapped a picture of a nice new mural beneath the Granville Street Bridge. I like it.

My photo, taken March 27th, 2008.