HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive


    American Commerce Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

• Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram

• Map Location
• Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Mar 16, 2008, 12:58 PM
stormkingfan stormkingfan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PhilaPA
Posts: 503
for what this is worth

When I found this thread, I was amazed at how many responses were squeezed into such a small time window. Obviously a white-hot topic!

Now, I saw that this is a 1,210' bldg (sans spire) with only 63 floors. After doing the math, that's a whooping 19' per floor. I can understand wanting the feeling of roominess in an office space, but, jeez, I'm picturing a bunch of giants milling about in the building.

Examples of good average floor-to-ceiling heights, I think, can be found at:

Chicago's Aon Center, 13' 8" (1,136'/83 fl.);
Toronto's First Bank Tower, 13' 7" (978'/72 fl.);
LA's US Bank Tower, 13' 11" (1,018'/73 fl.);
Empire State Bldg., 12' 3" (1,250'/102 fl.) (although, 12 feet for an office floor, but the EMS was a very well-built tower)

Something like 14' 3", I don't think would be unreasonable. That said, if you divide 14' 3" into 1,210, you get an 85-storey building.

But then again, would there be need for that much space?
     
     
End
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:59 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.