Are you guys nuts?!! Or is that just sarcasm? Of course a supertall would look great in New York! New York for years has been the leader in supertall buildings. Over the last decade a few asians cities and one in the middle east build some supertalls and now people are questioning if the city that truly defined the skyscraper should build tall??....🞵🞵🞵?! Im my opinion NYC should already have a 2000+ tower. It should have several of them. I cant stand these NIMBY's and their 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 and all the other reasons that several other tall, proposed buildings have not been approved in this city.
I truly hate NIMBY's too. They profess love for NYC, yet they attempt, often times with success, to halt the building of mega tall structures.
Well...to dislike skyscrapers is to dislike one of the most fundamental characteristics of New York City. This is THE skyscrapercity....and its going to lose its distinction as such, in large part, because of the TrashBY's, who supposedly want to 'preserve' the character of NYC. These people in 1929-30 probably would've fought off the proposals of two other skyscrapers in this city....maybe you've heard of them: Chrysler Building and Empire State Building. Wow....that would've been great for NYC if they hadn't been built right?!....🞵🞵🞵?!
Ok...I'm done I'm just so sick of all this Bullsh*t. This is NYC.....skyscrapers defined this city.....mega-tall, soaring buildings, and we need to keep that tradition alive.