Man, I should ask for a decent camera for Christmas so that I can take photos myself since I live within walking distance of 90% of current projects...
I like the colour of glass they chose for this building. I've been working down the street and, in person, it's starting to grow on me. I think someday (50 years) it will fit in with the surrounding neighbourhood but, right now, it stands out like a sore thumb.
They are putting glass on the third level of the tower portion now.
Yesterday I was in Hintonburg - you can see the tower right in the center of the street from there (Wellington / Carruthers area). Too bad I didn't have my camera with me.
Judging by the renderings of phase 2, that yellow brick colour better start to grow on everybody.
As for me, I never thought it was terrible, needs a neighbourhood around it though.
...I think the most impressive part is the new lanscaping around Pooley's bridge and the stone terrace down to the Tailrace. It will definitely add some life to the area. Is there any retail/cafe planned in Phase I?