HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3521  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 8:56 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
45-unit upscale condo project to rise near downtown SLC

By Barbara Rattle
The Enterprise

Ground is scheduled to be broken in late March for Newport CitiView, a 45-unit upscale condominium project on just less than an acre at 325 N. 300 W. in downtown Salt Lake City.

The project is a joint venture between Salt Lake City-based Proterra Inc., headed by veteran Utah developer Chuck Akerlow, and Newport Enterprises, a Salt Lake City firm owned and operated by Akerlow's sons, Steven and Michael.

Newport CitiView units will range in size from approximately 900 to 1,900 square feet and be priced from roughly $260,000 to $700,000. The complex, four stories above ground and one level of secure parking below, will be located on what is now the site of the former Temple View Motel.


This sounds like a cool project. 4-story building with underground parking. Not bad, in fact that's really good for that part of town.
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
     
     
  #3522  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 8:59 PM
Boiseguy's Avatar
Boiseguy Boiseguy is offline
Always running Late
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOISE
Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Now why in the world would anyone assume that Boiseguy would ever make a snarky, assinine, or snide remark about Salt Lake. Hey, I mean you've alway's been the epitomy of gentility.

Seriously Boiseguy, Can we even find a post iniated from you or someone like Ruger, regarding Salt Lake City, that isn't full of bigoted trash.

Lets say I did jump to conclusions and made the wrong assumption. With your history or examples like the thread that was just shut down, could anyone blame me.

As far as comparisons, the fact still stands. You would be better off to try and compare Boise with a city in the region that is more the size and architectural standard of the Colorado Springs or Albuquerque area.
I thought we had this discussion and came to an agreement in private messages? it seems you're forgetting that I appologized for whatever comments I made in the past and explained it was rooted in religious context and not city or regional? so then it makes me wonder, after having that private dialog with you.. why are you still acting this way? you assume that there is some kind of conspiracy against salt lake.. and that certainly is not the case.. in fact whatever someone has to say negative in regards to the mormon faith.. is their own baggage and issue and is unrelated to city planning and developement... You are a bag of wind my friend.. and dishonest considering your words and sentiments in a private dialog vs your position and remarks in an open public forum.... and it is clear to me now.. outside of religious feelings.. any rivalry and argumentative nature between boise and salt lake is just as much your fault as anyone else's.. in fact its clear to me that you instigate it by your response's regarding who can or should be compared to who... not only have you shown to me that you are a bag of wind.. but you've shown that you are dishonest and unreasonable.. and for that I have little respect for you...
Have a good day mate
     
     
  #3523  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 10:30 PM
airhero airhero is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Now why in the world would anyone assume that Boiseguy would ever make a snarky, assinine, or snide remark about Salt Lake. Hey, I mean you've alway's been the epitomy of gentility.

Seriously Boiseguy, Can we even find a post iniated from you or someone like Ruger, regarding Salt Lake City, that isn't full of bigoted trash.

Lets say I did jump to conclusions and made the wrong assumption. With your history or examples like the thread that was just shut down, could anyone blame me.

As far as comparisons, the fact still stands. You would be better off to try and compare Boise with a city in the region that is more the size and architectural standard of the Colorado Springs or Albuquerque area.
Quote:
I thought we had this discussion and came to an agreement in private messages? it seems you're forgetting that I appologized for whatever comments I made in the past and explained it was rooted in religious context and not city or regional? so then it makes me wonder, after having that private dialog with you.. why are you still acting this way? you assume that there is some kind of conspiracy against salt lake.. and that certainly is not the case.. in fact whatever someone has to say negative in regards to the mormon faith.. is their own baggage and issue and is unrelated to city planning and developement... You are a bag of wind my friend.. and dishonest considering your words and sentiments in a private dialog vs your position and remarks in an open public forum.... and it is clear to me now.. outside of religious feelings.. any rivalry and argumentative nature between boise and salt lake is just as much your fault as anyone else's.. in fact its clear to me that you instigate it by your response's regarding who can or should be compared to who... not only have you shown to me that you are a bag of wind.. but you've shown that you are dishonest and unreasonable.. and for that I have little respect for you...
Have a good day mate
I don't think it's that important. Boise and Salt Lake are both nice areas that have potential and I like them both, being as I have lived in both. Also, I'm not exactly sure where this argument stemmed from but I would appreciate it if it didn't go too far because, quite frankly, nobody on this thread is interested in witnessing these types of exchanges, especially me. I think it is extremely inappropriate for our development thread, especially if it has to do with religious stuff. Anyways, thanks!

Quote:
Rethinking Delta: Northwest-Delta merger would expand their international reach

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...249441,00.html


Ravell Call, Deseret Morning News,
Delta Air Lines jets at terminals at Salt Lake International Airport. A merger between Delta and Northwest would create the nation's largest airline.

Analysts say a merger between Atlanta-based Delta and Minnesota-based Northwest would mean more international flights from Atlanta, a smaller role for the Memphis airport and a bigger one for airports in Salt Lake city and possibly Minneapolis

..."It would be No. 1 to Europe. It would be very close to No. 1 to Asia. And it would be very big in Latin America, Mexico and the Caribbean.
This is very exciting. I can't wait until it happens, and I hope it does. A few weeks ago, I didn't believe that Delta would ever merge with Northwest, but now that I can see all of the benefits, I am very confident that they will. This merger will be quite good for Salt Lake, as many have said, and I think it will contribute positively to Salt Lake's development.
     
     
  #3524  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 11:05 PM
DMTower's Avatar
DMTower DMTower is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 811
"A few weeks ago, I didn't believe that Delta would ever merge with Northwest, but now that I can see all of the benefits, I am very confident that they will. This merger will be quite good for Salt Lake, as many have said, and I think it will contribute positively to Salt Lake's development."

I completely agree.. that is if Salt Lake gets to remain as Delta's hub. I'm a little worried that we could get screwed over by this deal... hopefully everything is being done as far as incentives goes to make sure Salt Lake plays a role in the future of Delta and Northwest.
     
     
  #3525  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 11:06 PM
Boiseguy's Avatar
Boiseguy Boiseguy is offline
Always running Late
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOISE
Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by airhero View Post
I don't think it's that important. Boise and Salt Lake are both nice areas that have potential and I like them both, being as I have lived in both. Also, I'm not exactly sure where this argument stemmed from but I would appreciate it if it didn't go too far because, quite frankly, nobody on this thread is interested in witnessing these types of exchanges, especially me. I think it is extremely inappropriate for our development thread, especially if it has to do with religious stuff. Anyways, thanks!.
you're absolutely right... fact of the matter is many people have lived in both cities.. and or have family or connection to both cities.. and I just think its rude and unecessary to assume because someone is from another city that their comments are loaded in some false percieved premis... the only person that has shown such action to my comments has been delts.. and it makes someone feel as if they are not welcome into the discussion of salt lake unless you live there... and that is absurd.. i comment in idaho falls and north idaho forums as well as seattle and portland... I think that religious undertones have caused SOME slc forumers to become over sensative to what people's motives are.. which I can understand.. but it's also that reactionary abrasiveness and jump to conclusion mentality exhibited by a few others and specifically delts.. that fuel the fire... off the wall unrelated comments rooted in religion or cultural bias are not written off as nonsense and trolling.. (because it is) but rather taken to heart and adopted in discussions and allowed to spill over into opinions related to the topic of the forum which is developement...I have spoken to most boise forumers and they don't have an axe to grind with salt lake like delt might think... in fact the only reason why comments or gestures are negative from them that happen to include salt lake are in direct reponse to DELTS.... so next time you think a boise forumer has biased against salt lake delts... I just want you to know that its not salt lake they dislike.. its YOU... but I'm sure you're well aware of that.. which is why you keep acting childishly and bringing unrelated issues up over and over again in the public salt lake forums in hopes of getting all the other salt lake forumers ruffled up to support your little tiff with everyone in boise... I just want everyone to see what's really going on and why.. and delts is always in the thick of it.. for whatever reason.. perhaps he likes to be the "princess" and be the center of attention... I will be so bold as to speak on behalf of the other boise forumers on this issue.. so that everyone can move past it and good productive and related discussion can take place amongst both cities...
     
     
  #3526  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 11:06 PM
Northernlad Northernlad is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SLC, Utah
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Northernlad, I do appreciate your neutral and positive remarks, and I apologize for the long read. The only thing I would ask is that you understand that as a part-time resident of Utah Valley and the Wasatch Front I very much feel a part of the entire Metro. When I think of the area I think of the entire Wasatch Front, from Ogden to Payson. That said, in my mind about 2.2 million people is not small. To me, the Boise metro at some 560,000 is small to medium, The Wasatch area is large, and L.A. is very large.
Ogden to Payson. Most of our states population is along the Wasatch Front. After looking over a map of Idaho it seems the state has population spread out over the state with good sized towns and cities in all corners. And, after looking at population stats in the Boise Projects thread their metro is nearer 650,000. Both cities have similar city populations.
I am a Utahn too Delts, live fulltime here and have lived near and in SLC almost all of my life. Yes, the Wasatch Front is a large metro area since most of the states population is within an hour to an hour 1/2 drive of downtown Salt Lake. Salt Lake itself isn't that large of a city, if it was we would be as big as Denver proper, we aren't and probably never will be. Salt Lake is a small to midsized city with a huge metro, I can't think of another city as small as ours with a metro as large as ours.
Bigger isn't better. But lets all hope we keep our airline hub.
     
     
  #3527  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 11:39 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,755
I do understand what your saying Nothernlad. "Just as a little side note", Salt Lake proper will be adding quite a few people over the next twenty years. It is the intention of the city to finally start building up it's northwest sector, and of course the continued buildup of downtown. But you're right, Salt Lake City itself will probably never reach more than around 300,000 people, unless there is a lot more agressive annexation of county land. However, the Wasatch Metro is another matter entirely. It is now well within Salt Lake's predicted capacity to catch up with Denver's population.

Not what you are saying, but what a few in Boise seem to imagine, "I just do not agree there is even the slightest comparable similarity in the business and downtown districts." I look at it the same way I would look at Denver proper, and Colorado Springs proper, or Albuquerque proper. All three are relatively the same size as a city proper. However, Denver draws on a much larger CSA than Colorado Springs or Albuquerque. That large draw is reflected in it's buildings and much of it's public venues, such as the library or City Hall. The same is true for Salt Lake City and Boise. While both city propers are relatively the same in population, Salt Lake has a metro that is much larger than Boise to draw from. This is very evident in Salt Lake's monumental buldings such as City Hall, public venues such as symphony hall, or it's library, convention center, hotels, airport, or new developments such as CCC. To say that the Salt Lake City central business district and Boise are somehow in the same realm from a development perspective,makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited by delts145; Feb 4, 2008 at 11:52 PM.
     
     
  #3528  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 11:56 PM
Northernlad Northernlad is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SLC, Utah
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
I do understand what your saying Nothernlad. "Just as a little side note", Salt Lake proper will be adding quite a few people over the next twenty years. It is the intention of the city to finally start building up it's northwest sector, and of course the continued buildup of downtown. But you're right, Salt Lake City itself will probably never reach more than around 300,000 people, unless there is a lot more agressive annexation of county land. However, the Wasatch Metro is another matter entirely. It is now well within Salt Lake's predicted capacity to catch up with Denver's population.

Not what you are saying, but what a few in Boise seem to imagine. I just do not agree there is even the slightest comparable similarity in the business and downtown district. I look at it the same way I would look at Denver proper, and Colorado Springs proper, or Albuquerque proper. All three are relatively the same size as a city proper. However, Denver draws on a much larger CSA than Colorado Springs or Albuquerque. That large draw is reflected in it's buildings and much of it's public venues, such as the library or City Hall. The same is true for Salt Lake City and Boise. While both city propers are relatively the same in population, Salt Lake has a metro that is much larger than Boise to draw from. This is very evident in Salt Lake's monumental buldings such as City Hall, public venues such as symphony hall, or it's library, convention center, hotels, airport, or new developments such as CCC. To say that the Salt Lake City central business district and Boise are somehow in the same realm from a development perspective,makes absolutely no sense to me.

SLC has grown and added new buildings such as a library, hotels, convention center, and guess what? Boise is breathing down our back with a proposed new library, convention center, new hotels, and an evergrowing airport, and condos that are being built as we type. I visit Boise often so I feel I can speak on behalf of that fine city. The larger metro population and the effect that has on a city is obvious. It is also obvious SLC has a much larger metro area, but Boise has a downtown that can hold its own quite easily whilst compared to our own. SLC can learn from Boise believe it or not.
     
     
  #3529  
Old Posted Feb 4, 2008, 11:59 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post
I thought we had this discussion and came to an agreement in private messages? it seems you're forgetting that I appologized for whatever comments I made in the past and explained it was rooted in religious context and not city or regional? so then it makes me wonder, after having that private dialog with you.. why are you still acting this way? you assume that there is some kind of conspiracy against salt lake.. and that certainly is not the case.. in fact whatever someone has to say negative in regards to the mormon faith.. is their own baggage and issue and is unrelated to city planning and developement... You are a bag of wind my friend.. and dishonest considering your words and sentiments in a private dialog vs your position and remarks in an open public forum.... and it is clear to me now.. outside of religious feelings.. any rivalry and argumentative nature between boise and salt lake is just as much your fault as anyone else's.. in fact its clear to me that you instigate it by your response's regarding who can or should be compared to who... not only have you shown to me that you are a bag of wind.. but you've shown that you are dishonest and unreasonable.. and for that I have little respect for you...
Have a good day mate
Yes we did Boise Guy, And just so everyone is aware, that was before the recent Ruger scam/thread, which I stayed totally away from, but then you were right in the thick of it, egging him on with snide little remarks. What a hypocrite you are. You say it's my fault, then show me one incidence where I have trolled onto a Boise thread with remarks that would insight even the slightest offense. Or show me even one instance where I actually initiated an argument on a common regional thread, instead of simply responding to what is usually a barage of stupid trash-talk from a handful of your Boise forumers. Or show me one thread that I have created that is an obvious bashing of a regional neighbor. It is rare, if at all even existent for a Wasatch Forumer to actually initiate the problem. Somehow a small handful of you people in Boise keep launching your stink, and then you marvel that anyone along the Wasatch would have the nerve to throw it back at you. Even your own forumer in the last post, before Cirrus closed the Ruger scam-thread commented on the propensity of a few of you for picking fights.

Considering your word on a private forum, you and people like this ruger character initiate far worse than any accusations you so hypocritically throw at others.

Last edited by delts145; Feb 5, 2008 at 12:24 AM.
     
     
  #3530  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 12:14 AM
SLCforme SLCforme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 403
I'm excited to see the Newportcitiview condos break ground. I pass by there every morning, so it will be fun to watch. And it will also be good to see that nasty templeview hotel being torn down. Now if Marmalade would resume construction my daily walk to trax will be all sorts of fun.
__________________
"Orthodoxy means not thinking-not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness."
George Orwell, "1984"
     
     
  #3531  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 12:20 AM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernlad View Post
SLC has grown and added new buildings such as a library, hotels, convention center, and guess what? Boise is breathing down our back with a proposed new library, convention center, new hotels, and an evergrowing airport, and condos that are being built as we type. I visit Boise often so I feel I can speak on behalf of that fine city. The larger metro population and the effect that has on a city is obvious. It is also obvious SLC has a much larger metro area, but Boise has a downtown that can hold its own quite easily whilst compared to our own. SLC can learn from Boise believe it or not.

Northernlad, I appreciate your love of Boise, but breathing down our back would be an extreme exaggeration IMO, but only in my opinion. Believe me, I'm not offended by your love of Boise. I would myself put Denver on my favorites list or also the L.A.basin. Anyway, I do concede that there are things we can learn from Boise, It's just that I know that we are not looking that direction for knowledge, on even close to the same level as we are looking at Portland, San Diego, Denver, or Sacramento.
     
     
  #3532  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 6:00 AM
Boiseguy's Avatar
Boiseguy Boiseguy is offline
Always running Late
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOISE
Posts: 1,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Yes we did Boise Guy, And just so everyone is aware, that was before the recent Ruger scam/thread, which I stayed totally away from, but then you were right in the thick of it, egging him on with snide little remarks. What a hypocrite you are. You say it's my fault, then show me one incidence where I have trolled onto a Boise thread with remarks that would insight even the slightest offense. Or show me even one instance where I actually initiated an argument on a common regional thread, instead of simply responding to what is usually a barage of stupid trash-talk from a handful of your Boise forumers. Or show me one thread that I have created that is an obvious bashing of a regional neighbor. It is rare, if at all even existent for a Wasatch Forumer to actually initiate the problem. Somehow a small handful of you people in Boise keep launching your stink, and then you marvel that anyone along the Wasatch would have the nerve to throw it back at you. Even your own forumer in the last post, before Cirrus closed the Ruger scam-thread commented on the propensity of a few of you for picking fights.

Considering your word on a private forum, you and people like this ruger character initiate far worse than any accusations you so hypocritically throw at others.
Ruger isn't even from boise.. he's in seattle... and I didn't approve of anything that he has said... you're throwing everyone in boise into some pool with ruger.. and he's not even from boise... my snide remarks were about the suicide issue period... I don't understand you.. you are a big problem on this message board.. you have an abrasive personality and frankly you're a little twit... I don't know how salt lake forumers even put up with you.. you're so dominating with a quick fuze that you don't even stop to realize what the truth and facts are in relation to people and what's being said.. in what context and from what viewpoint... basically you've let this ruger guy stir up something in you about boise.. where you've assumed he was a boise forumer.. HE"S NOT....
grow up
     
     
  #3533  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 6:54 AM
Boiseguy's Avatar
Boiseguy Boiseguy is offline
Always running Late
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOISE
Posts: 1,219
you know.. its not worth it...posting everything I wish to say to you delts... It just completely obvious that you control the direction of anything related to salt lake city.... everyone has to think twice before engaging in any discussion about salt lake or utah for fear of causing the earthquake of delts to fall on them.. and all it does is just hijack the thread because he certainly will not be reasonable or objective about anything...but rather jump to a conclusion and turn it into some high school rivalry and end up getting the thread closed... delts you're a piece of work mate....

Last edited by Boiseguy; Feb 5, 2008 at 7:47 AM.
     
     
  #3534  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 7:00 AM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108

Ok this is getting old. Can you guys chill out before this thread gets closed.


On a side note my wife and I booked a room at the downtown Marriott for this weekend. I'm hoping for a north view so I can get some good shots of the CCC site with my camera.
__________________
1. "Wells Fargo Building" 24-stories 422 FT 1998
2. "LDS Church Office Building" 28-stories 420 FT 1973
3. "111 South Main" 24-stories 387 FT 2016
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976
     
     
  #3535  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 11:55 AM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,755
Salt Lake Valley is 10th best for renters

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695250227,00.html

The next time you write a check for rent in the Salt Lake Valley, keep in mind that you're living in one of the best-value areas for apartment living in the nation, according to Forbes.com...

Salt Lake City has one of the fastest rates of new construction, but it's not fast enough to keep up with job growth. The area's 3.1 percent increase in jobs is the highest of any city measured in the report...

..
     
     
  #3536  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 12:02 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,755
$10M sought for Fairpark arena

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_8171880

..
     
     
  #3537  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 1:26 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
Originally Posted by Viperlord
45-unit upscale condo project to rise near downtown SLC

By Barbara Rattle
The Enterprise

Ground is scheduled to be broken in late March for Newport CitiView, a 45-unit upscale condominium project on just less than an acre at 325 N. 300 W. in downtown Salt Lake City.

The project is a joint venture between Salt Lake City-based Proterra Inc., headed by veteran Utah developer Chuck Akerlow, and Newport Enterprises, a Salt Lake City firm owned and operated by Akerlow's sons, Steven and Michael.

Newport CitiView units will range in size from approximately 900 to 1,900 square feet and be priced from roughly $260,000 to $700,000. The complex, four stories above ground and one level of secure parking below, will be located on what is now the site of the former Temple View Motel.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
This sounds like a cool project. 4-story building with underground parking. Not bad, in fact that's really good for that part of town.
I agree Projects, this is a very cool development, especially when you consider what a difference it's going to make for that location.









     
     
  #3538  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 3:45 PM
Northernlad Northernlad is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SLC, Utah
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Northernlad, I appreciate your love of Boise, but breathing down our back would be an extreme exaggeration IMO, but only in my opinion. Believe me, I'm not offended by your love of Boise. I would myself put Denver on my favorites list or also the L.A.basin. Anyway, I do concede that there are things we can learn from Boise, It's just that I know that we are not looking that direction for knowledge, on even close to the same level as we are looking at Portland, San Diego, Denver, or Sacramento.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post
you know.. its not worth it...posting everything I wish to say to you delts... It just completely obvious that you control the direction of anything related to salt lake city.... everyone has to think twice before engaging in any discussion about salt lake or utah for fear of causing the earthquake of delts to fall on them.. and all it does is just hijack the thread because he certainly will not be reasonable or objective about anything...but rather jump to a conclusion and turn it into some high school rivalry and end up getting the thread closed... delts you're a piece of work mate....


It is so obvious that Delts145 is the cause of so much contention on this forum. He is all over me because I sometimes post in Boise forums and he is extremely critical of me for being somewhat cynical about growth and projects in my own backyard of the Wasatch Front. I have opinions about what is happening to the Wasatch because this is my home, but Delts and his bully typing fingers can get aggressive. It doesn't matter if you have opinions because Delts145 controls this forum and what is said almost needs to be approved by him. Just take a look at the SL thread in the City Compilations thread, hilarious, post after post after post after post. It doesn't matter that other Salt Lake and Utah forumers express dislike about projects or discuss issues that need to be addressed, but If I do the same then I am a criminal because I like Boise and Delts doesn't like that at all. I have had the wrath of Delts145 many times and had to put up with his personal insults towards me.I think Delts is intimidated by Boise and that is why he or she gets all fired up when the two cities are mentioned in the same breath.
I think Delts145 needs a reality check. His behaviour is disturbing and not very becoming.

Carry on.
     
     
  #3539  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 4:21 PM
T-Mac's Avatar
T-Mac T-Mac is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bountiful, Utah
Posts: 1,163

Enough is enough from all of you. This is getting way out of hand and frankly none of us give a damn about it. Boise is great and Salt Lake is great. There, now lets get on with what the thread was created for and stop the bickering. If you want to continue to fight about it, take it to the private messages. The rest of us don't want to hear about it.
     
     
  #3540  
Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 4:26 PM
Northernlad Northernlad is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SLC, Utah
Posts: 545
Very true. Another SLC forumer was so kind as to PM and inform me to just put Delts145 on Ignore, that forumer has and I guess a number of other forumers have Delts on ignore as well.
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:55 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.