HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #621  
Old Posted Dec 16, 2007, 6:32 AM
SnyderBock's Avatar
SnyderBock SnyderBock is offline
Robotic Construction
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Could it possibly be Hines -- are the two holes fenced off from each other, or has Four Seasons bought the rest of the block?
Fronting 15th Street, that sounds like the Hines side of the lot. Could it be core samples being done for determining foundation requirements and design?
__________________
Automation Is Still the Future
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #622  
Old Posted Dec 16, 2007, 7:20 AM
pablosan pablosan is offline
Up Up and Away
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,728
No, both holes that have been dug are on the side where the Four Seasons will be constructed. They both actually have been dug within the massive pit that fronts 14th Street. Sorry, I was turned around a bit with my information.
__________________
DenZone
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #623  
Old Posted Dec 17, 2007, 7:11 PM
pablosan pablosan is offline
Up Up and Away
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,728
Just speculating on a hunch. The pit may be complete by the end of December. We may see a crane going up by mid January. There are two distinct holes within the pit.


Photo courtesy of ibeam.
__________________
DenZone

Last edited by pablosan; Dec 17, 2007 at 7:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #624  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2007, 5:13 AM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
Nice picture!

Okay, so I noticed that the Four Seasons diagram isn't based on the newest design, so I made my own. What do you think?


Last edited by The Dirt; Mar 2, 2008 at 8:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #625  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2007, 5:46 AM
denveraztec's Avatar
denveraztec denveraztec is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Governor's Park/Capitol Hill, Denver
Posts: 2,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Nice picture!

Okay, so I noticed that the Four Seasons diagram isn't based on the newest design, so I made my own. What do you think?

Nice, but where is the top?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #626  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2007, 6:55 AM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
It's there, but it blends in with the background color of the forum. It's a lot easier to see on a white background.

Hmm, maybe I should make it a bit darker.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #627  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2007, 1:12 PM
DownhomeDenver DownhomeDenver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,584
The color is off. Its more of a beige now, not red.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #628  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2007, 4:12 PM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhomeDenver View Post
The color is off. Its more of a beige now, not red.
Hmm, and the whole time I was thinking that it wasn't red enough. I've actually updated the drawing to make it a bit darker, so if you want to see it just click refresh on your browser. I wasn't sure which rendering was the most up to date. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #629  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2007, 6:50 PM
blm3034L!fe's Avatar
blm3034L!fe blm3034L!fe is offline
Denver is the M/W Father!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Posts: 1,995
^ It's not exact, however I think you did an excellent job Dirt.

This is so exciting to see all of these towers taking effect right now, I wish this current boom in construction would never end! However I'm sure at some point it will. I honestly believe that they way things are shaping up for this City right now, that well into 2020 Denver will still be going strong with developments. Why do I say that you ask? Because the City and surrounding metro is continuing to grow. The downtown market has grown so strong in the past 5 years that I believe this will only continue.

Besides look at some of the steps Denver has taken, in the last few decades, DIA the Convention Center, Fast Tracks possibly Next Tracks down the road. And something else that will most likely be a HUGE EVENT that I am 110% absolute about is the Winter Olympics in Denver by 2018/2022 So yes I believe all of this construction will continue!!!!! YAY DENVA BABY, GOTTA LUV IT.....
__________________
We're either progressing or retrograding all the time.

There is no such thing as remaining constant.

Last edited by blm3034L!fe; Dec 20, 2007 at 8:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #630  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2007, 8:37 PM
FrancoRey's Avatar
FrancoRey FrancoRey is offline
Stay Thirsty.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,831
Went by Four Seasons today. They really have cleaned the hole fast. They were drilling for caissons on the East side, and the west side had some cement trucks and pourers!

I think they are already beginning to pour the caissons on the west side where they already drilled the holes.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #631  
Old Posted Dec 20, 2007, 10:21 PM
SnyderBock's Avatar
SnyderBock SnyderBock is offline
Robotic Construction
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,833
The spire looks like it needs to be twice as tall as it is. The rest of the building looks perfect!

Here, you can see the ratio of spire height to building height is greater than your illustration depicts. You can also use the rendering on the left, for the most updated color scheme planned for the building. It's a lighter beige color with less red and it's a more pronounced sky blue than before:

__________________
Automation Is Still the Future

Last edited by SnyderBock; Dec 20, 2007 at 10:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #632  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 3:09 AM
DownhomeDenver DownhomeDenver is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dirt View Post
Hmm, and the whole time I was thinking that it wasn't red enough. I've actually updated the drawing to make it a bit darker, so if you want to see it just click refresh on your browser. I wasn't sure which rendering was the most up to date. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Much better! Thanks!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #633  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 3:29 AM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
Okay, I changed the color again to match the rendfering and made the spire longer. How about now?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #634  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 4:39 AM
navyweaxguy's Avatar
navyweaxguy navyweaxguy is offline
Lowe's
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 2,413
Looks sweet to me now you have to add it to the diagram list
__________________
Ask yourself, What would Denver do?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #635  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 7:24 AM
The Dirt The Dirt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,215
Okay, I finally tweaked it so it should be 99% to scale. I think the number of floors is off now, but the height of the roof and spire match the side profile picture posted by snyderbock. Here it is:

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #636  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 8:18 AM
pablosan pablosan is offline
Up Up and Away
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,728
Too bad that spire couldn't be about 40 feet taller.
__________________
DenZone
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #637  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 1:25 PM
navyweaxguy's Avatar
navyweaxguy navyweaxguy is offline
Lowe's
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bellevue, NE
Posts: 2,413
Doesn't Denver have a rule that spires cant be more than 10% of the the height of the rest of the tower?
__________________
Ask yourself, What would Denver do?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #638  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 4:53 PM
pablosan pablosan is offline
Up Up and Away
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,728
Yes, they have some wierd ordinance to that effect.
__________________
DenZone
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #639  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 8:47 PM
FrancoRey's Avatar
FrancoRey FrancoRey is offline
Stay Thirsty.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,831
WHY!?!?! What is the point of such an ordinance?

Give me some sort of excuse...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #640  
Old Posted Dec 21, 2007, 9:20 PM
denveraztec's Avatar
denveraztec denveraztec is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Governor's Park/Capitol Hill, Denver
Posts: 2,618
I think it has something to do with visiblity for planes and helicopters?
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.