HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #281  
Old Posted Dec 17, 2007, 5:05 PM
pablosan pablosan is offline
Up Up and Away
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,728
That's just the nature of living downtown. Somebody's view is going to be blocked by another tower, eventually.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #282  
Old Posted Dec 17, 2007, 8:44 PM
SnyderBock's Avatar
SnyderBock SnyderBock is offline
Robotic Construction
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,833
Lightbulb

That would be good incentive for them to build the second Four Seasons tower, taller than the first, instead of shorter. Then people whom had their views blocked could sell their unit and buy a new unit in the second tower up above the rooftops!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #283  
Old Posted Dec 17, 2007, 9:19 PM
Fidel Castrobot's Avatar
Fidel Castrobot Fidel Castrobot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lower Highlands District - Denver - Colorado - USA
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyderBock View Post
That would be good incentive for them to build the second Four Seasons tower, taller than the first, instead of shorter. Then people whom had their views blocked could sell their unit and buy a new unit in the second tower up above the rooftops!
Good reasoning!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #284  
Old Posted Dec 17, 2007, 9:37 PM
pablosan pablosan is offline
Up Up and Away
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,728
We just may get that 1000' skyscraper afterall. LOL.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #285  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 1:33 AM
Top Of The Park's Avatar
Top Of The Park Top Of The Park is offline
no its not...
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,085
When it's all said and done...

...this end of downtown is going to look chicago-esque
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #286  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 6:08 AM
pablosan pablosan is offline
Up Up and Away
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,728
Definately. Downtown will balance out.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #287  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 3:31 PM
blm3034L!fe's Avatar
blm3034L!fe blm3034L!fe is offline
Denver is the M/W Father!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Posts: 1,995

Balance out? As far as the taller towers are concerned there will now be a few more on the west part of the City, instead of majority of the 500'+ Club being on the East.

IMHO after the developments are complete in this area, if Denver is to gain anything over 850 feet? It should go in the Center of it all, possibly on 17th street or maybe 15th street. And that my friends would truely "balance out" the City IMHO.

Either way I don't care where a new tallest would go, but I sure would like to see a propsal or two for a new tallest in this City, wouldn't you guys agree? Actually forget the proposal we have had those in the past, let's hope that 2008 will bring Denver a new tallest Mixed Use Tower over 850'
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #288  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 3:37 PM
Octavian Octavian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,023
Yeah baby, lets get that new tallest started in the Tech Center, or possibly . . . Colorado and I-25!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #289  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 3:38 PM
pablosan pablosan is offline
Up Up and Away
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
Yeah baby, lets get that new tallest started in the Tech Center, or possibly . . . Colorado and I-25!
LOL
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #290  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 3:52 PM
glowrock's Avatar
glowrock glowrock is offline
Becoming Chicago-fied!
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chicago (West Avondale)
Posts: 19,443
Nah, how about Arapahoe & I-25???

Aaron (Glowrock)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #291  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 4:01 PM
blm3034L!fe's Avatar
blm3034L!fe blm3034L!fe is offline
Denver is the M/W Father!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Posts: 1,995
I currently work off of Colorado and I-25 and I personaly do not believe that a tower of that magnatude should be built in the Colorado Coridor area, but that's just my opinion. And the DTC? Personally I feel like even though the DTC feels like another City/Downtown, in reality a tower over 700' would look funny in these areas.

The DTC IMHO after it fills in a bit more might be able to pull off something in the neighborhood of 400+ Feet but certainly nothing over 500' IMHO, however this is only my opinion and if a developer were to construct a new tallest in the DTC? Who am I to say anything? However I do feel that if something like that were to happen? It would hurt downtown Denver, think about this Denver could easily have 2,3 maybe 4 or 5 new tallest buildings if there were no DTC, and all the buildings in the DTC were converted into downtown Denver... But that's okay there is plenty of room in this City for more, it's not like Denver is hurting.

I wish Phase III of the Offices by Dave & Buster's would have been completed! That would look nice on the Colorado Blvd Corridor IMHO. The DTC is doing just fine with it's own developments right now, they have several cranes up constructing new towers as we speak. So all an all the urban area's in the City are doing quite well, but a new tallest in Downtown would be heaven.........
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #292  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 5:09 PM
mr1138 mr1138 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,167
Actually I think we should be glad those offices weren't completed, because the new owner of the Colorado Center complex now wants to develop the remaining land in a more mixed use fashion because of the light rail. So instead of just more auto oriented office space, it will be finished with residential and more retail. I believe they're working with the city to develop a plan for the neighborhood right now.

This pdf gives you an idea of what they're thinking

http://denvergov.org/Portals/193/documents/Colorado/00_Colorado_HANDOUT_All%20Graphics.pdf
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #293  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 5:10 PM
Top Of The Park's Avatar
Top Of The Park Top Of The Park is offline
no its not...
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,085
I believe they are pulling your chain...blm

......I think you are correct about a tallest being on 17th Street and others have said the 16th to 17th and California would be a preference. I personally admire Seattles skyline in that it stairsteps from the ends up to the middle and has one building clearly taller than all the others. I hope we acheive that.

I like whats going on in the CPV as far as adding length to our skyline. I hope someone picks up on the El Jebel site on the other end...so as to lengthen the skyline (if for only another block to Sherman).

With all the new buildings and new proposals to go along with the existing buildings between Champa and Larimer and 16th to 18th, there will be a amazing number of buildings in a relatively small area, especially if this new 17th and Curtis building is a go.

I wonder if the DTC/Greenwood Village/Inverness corridor still has more office sq footage than downtown? I think it use to be 28mil sq ft to 27 mil sq ft. Both have added a little. I am still amazed that we have more sq footage than downtown Minneapolis.

Last edited by Top Of The Park; Dec 18, 2007 at 5:16 PM. Reason: sp.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #294  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 6:48 PM
ski82 ski82 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Of The Park View Post
......I think you are correct about a tallest being on 17th Street and others have said the 16th to 17th and California would be a preference. I personally admire Seattles skyline in that it stairsteps from the ends up to the middle and has one building clearly taller than all the others. I hope we acheive that.
The Columbia Center (or whatever its called now) is on the southern edge of downtown Seattle highrises. Still, if Denver's skyline could ever approach that of Seattle, it would be sweet.

I think the real boom for downtown Denver is if non-traditional O & G takes off. Denver is poised to be the psuedo capital in the field. Not to mention being the capitol of a region that would have a MUCH higher profile.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #295  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 6:50 PM
Top Of The Park's Avatar
Top Of The Park Top Of The Park is offline
no its not...
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,085
Check out this site.....

Wow...its on the SSP photo site (north american pics) or go to http://forum.skyscraperpage.com?showthread.php?t=142934

Virtual Earth shots of north american cities....pan down for Denver, its not in the big grouping at first.

Nice!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #296  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 6:53 PM
FrancoRey's Avatar
FrancoRey FrancoRey is offline
Stay Thirsty.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,831
Denver: The Renewable Energy Capital of the World.

I like the sound of that, and the 3 or 4 supertalls such a title would bring. Screw Dubai's and Houston's oil!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #297  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 7:04 PM
Octavian Octavian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm3034L!fe View Post
I currently work off of Colorado and I-25 and I personaly do not believe that a tower of that magnatude should be built in the Colorado Coridor area, but that's just my opinion. And the DTC? Personally I feel like even though the DTC feels like another City/Downtown, in reality a tower over 700' would look funny in these areas.
Lol, I completely agree. I was kidding.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #298  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 7:23 PM
blm3034L!fe's Avatar
blm3034L!fe blm3034L!fe is offline
Denver is the M/W Father!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: IN THE LAND OF MILK AND HONEY WHERE HOPS AND CANNABIS REIGN SUPREME!
Posts: 1,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoRey View Post
Denver: The Renewable Energy Capital of the World.

I like the sound of that, and the 3 or 4 supertalls such a title would bring. Screw Dubai's and Houston's oil!
What are you guys talking about? Renewable Energy Cap eh? Hey if that title comes with some towers over 1000' I'm all for it! Actually if that title comes with some additional infill of any kind I'm all for it!!! LOL

I am truely hoping that 2008 will be Denver's year for an announcment of the City's new Tallest. I have a funny feeling it will be, and I cannot wait to see the design so I can fantisize about the future skyline!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #299  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 8:05 PM
ski82 ski82 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoRey View Post
Denver: The Renewable Energy Capital of the World.

I like the sound of that, and the 3 or 4 supertalls such a title would bring. Screw Dubai's and Houston's oil!
I mean more of things like oil shale. Natural gas is down as of late, but that is another energy source that could really boost the region.

As for renewable energy, wind/solar could be players in the state, but given their nature you won't be finding a wind/solar 'capital' anywhere. Ethanol is a big problem that needs to go away, but thats another discussion for another forum.

The 🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵🞵 with oil shale, etc. is that they are even more susceptible to busts than conventional oil becuase the price of oil needs to be quite a bit higher for these methods to be profitable. The plus side is that if prices stay where they are, an industry like this would really help the region get through an economic downturn.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #300  
Old Posted Dec 18, 2007, 8:34 PM
Top Of The Park's Avatar
Top Of The Park Top Of The Park is offline
no its not...
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,085
I think Seattle is a good city to emulate....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski82 View Post
The Columbia Center (or whatever its called now) is on the southern edge of downtown Seattle highrises. Still, if Denver's skyline could ever approach that of Seattle, it would be sweet.

I think the real boom for downtown Denver is if non-traditional O & G takes off. Denver is poised to be the psuedo capital in the field. Not to mention being the capitol of a region that would have a MUCH higher profile.
...Geeze, I wish we had the water, but oh well. Actually we are ahead of Seattle as far as Light Rail, they are ahead with bus ridership, but not by much. We have a better Airport, they have more downtown living, but we should fare well. Seattle and Denver both have downtown stadiums. All things considered, they have big downtown retail and just a better, bigger city all around. Denver may get to that point eventually....
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:15 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.