HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #2381  
Old Posted Sep 26, 2007, 10:11 PM
T-Mac's Avatar
T-Mac T-Mac is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bountiful, Utah
Posts: 1,163
Does anyone know what they are doing on the corner of 900 S and state street? It's the southeast corner. They are starting to build a covered walkway around that corner building.
     
     
  #2382  
Old Posted Sep 26, 2007, 10:23 PM
gbb's Avatar
gbb gbb is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 119
Thanks Archos, I'm sure everyone would like to see some pictures posted in the forum.
     
     
  #2383  
Old Posted Sep 26, 2007, 10:55 PM
urbanboy urbanboy is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Downtown Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,120

Yes, Please!
     
     
  #2384  
Old Posted Sep 26, 2007, 11:29 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
Does anyone know what they are doing on the corner of 900 S and state street? It's the southeast corner. They are starting to build a covered walkway around that corner building.
If I remember right, that is the beginnings of our new Chinatown district. Its suppose to develop in to quite a substantial area in the next few years.
     
     
  #2385  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 4:41 AM
SLCforme SLCforme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 403
I think the new chinatown is actually in south salt lake, on about 3300 S state; it's the old rockypoint haunted house site. unless of course things have changed since I last heard.

and yes, I'd like to see some more images of Kirkland condos
     
     
  #2386  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 12:06 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,771
You're right SLCforme, I dug this announcement up from a previous post. So then, what the heck is going on over on 900 south?

Rocky Point sold for $3.1M

Developer buys haunted house for 'Chinatown'

By Lesley Mitchell
The Salt Lake Tribune
Article Last Updated: 03/23/2007 03:07:02 AM MDT



The building that housed the Rocky Point Haunted House in South Salt Lake has been sold to a developer who plans to build a "Chinatown" project.
Chinatown International Development bought the 66,000-square-foot building and parking lot at 3400 S. State St. from Holly J. Ernest of Salt Lake City. Ernest did not immediately return calls seeking comment.
CoStar Group, Inc., a commercial listing service, said the property and an adjacent parcel comprise 5 1/2 acres and sold for $3.1 million.
Commercial broker Frank Woo, who represented the buyer, said the Chinatown development will include an Asian market and restaurants, office space and condominiums.
The development will be fashioned after similar projects in Philadelphia and Orlando created by his client, Woo said. They operate as scaled-down versions of more well-known Chinatowns in cities such as New York.
Woo did not provide any additional information or a project timeline, citing an announcement that will be made later this year.
In the meantime, the Rocky Point Haunted House is getting ready to stage its last eight nights: tonight and Saturday, March 30-31, April 6-7 and April 13-14, said Rocky Point owner Cydney Neil.
Neil, who has operated Rocky Point in Utah since 1986, said she has leased the building in Salt Lake City since 1991.
She plans to auction off the Rocky Point equipment on April 27 and 28, and vacate the building by June 1.
"I'm just feeling like I have completed the mission I'm on," she said. "It's time to move on."

Last edited by delts145; Sep 27, 2007 at 12:46 PM.
     
     
  #2387  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 12:55 PM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,771
Metro - The Canyons - On track to becoming USA's largest ski resort

Over 12 major projects are breaking ground or coming on line in the next three to five years.



park record

http://www.parkrecord.com/ci_6995880?source=most_viewed

.
     
     
  #2388  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 4:15 PM
shrubber shrubber is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 17
Cheesecake Factory

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but for me this is big news. Cheesecake Factory is planning a location at Fashion Place (6223 S. State Street Unit 2001). Cheesecake Factory Planned Locations
     
     
  #2389  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 5:22 PM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubber View Post
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but for me this is big news. Cheesecake Factory is planning a location at Fashion Place (6223 S. State Street Unit 2001). Cheesecake Factory Planned Locations
Fashion Place? Of all places, they chose Fashion Place Mall?
     
     
  #2390  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 8:22 PM
Northernlad Northernlad is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SLC, Utah
Posts: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Reynolds View Post
Fashion Place? Of all places, they chose Fashion Place Mall?
I feel the same say, but then Cheesecake seems more like a suburban type restaurant and not a downtowner type.
     
     
  #2391  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 8:23 PM
Wasatch_One's Avatar
Wasatch_One Wasatch_One is offline
Wen Lambo
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade Reynolds View Post
Fashion Place? Of all places, they chose Fashion Place Mall?
...good point. Hmmm, center of the valley maybe? It sure isn't located in the most prestigeous area that the Cheesecake Factory suposedly looks for

haha, are remember when our area wasn't educated enough to get one of these places? One thing I AM smart enough to understand, is that their food is overrated!
     
     
  #2392  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 8:32 PM
PhxSprawler's Avatar
PhxSprawler PhxSprawler is offline
Desert Dweller
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Phoenix Metro Fringes
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch_One View Post
...good point. Hmmm, center of the valley maybe? It sure isn't located in the most prestigeous area that the Cheesecake Factory suposedly looks for

haha, are remember when our area wasn't educated enough to get one of these places? One thing I AM smart enough to understand, is that their food is overrated!

I believe it was the store Crate and Barrell you weren't educated enough to get.

The Cheesecake Factory is generally located in mid to high end malls in suburbia, and I agree that the food is overrated, but still good.
     
     
  #2393  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 8:53 PM
Comrade's Avatar
Comrade Comrade is offline
They all float down here
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hair City, Utah
Posts: 9,640
While I understand it's a suburban style chain, I just expected it at either the Gateway or South Towne, not Fashion Place.
     
     
  #2394  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 9:02 PM
T-Mac's Avatar
T-Mac T-Mac is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bountiful, Utah
Posts: 1,163
I have been e-mailing the Cheesecake Factory for many years now to get them here. Every Friday I would send them an e-mail telling them that they needed to come here. They would always refer me to their realtor in California that chose their sites. I sent them info and links to both Gateway and the new City Creek Center. After all that they chose Fashion Place Mall. It could have been worse; they could have chose Valley Fair.

I'm just excited that it's coming and can't wait for the opening in November. You can already see the construction on it at the mall.
     
     
  #2395  
Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 11:59 PM
wrendog's Avatar
wrendog wrendog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 4,285
I went to Chipotle today for lunch. I love the place and I also love Cafe Rio. I think they can easily co-exist. We now have Cafe Rio, Costa Vida, Bajio, Barbacoa and Chipotle as big burrito grills.. I like em all.

On the way to Chipotle, I was driving down Van Winkle and saw that Steve and Barry's is opening soon. That is a great cheap clothing store.
     
     
  #2396  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 2:23 AM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
At least the Cheesecake Factory won't be at Valley Fair.
     
     
  #2397  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 11:30 AM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,771
I regularly eat at three different Cheesecake Factory locations in L.A. They are all within a relative short distance from each other,and often sit next to a Nordstrom/Upscale department store. There are an additional two which I havent made it to that are also fairly close by. All are located either in a free-standing venue as part of a village style atmosphere,(think Sugarhouse) or as part of a lifestyle center such as Gateway,(except that Gateway does not have a larger retail component such as Nordstrom.) I have no doubt that there will be additional locations added in the next few years. Sugarhouse, Gateway, Provo/Orem, Thanksgiving Point, new Cottonwood lifestyle Center, and CCC will all be prime candidates depending on the amount of foot traffic their projects generate. I think CCC will win out over Gateway, if their hours and liquor laws are conducive enough.

Last edited by delts145; Sep 28, 2007 at 12:16 PM.
     
     
  #2398  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 11:40 AM
delts145's Avatar
delts145 delts145 is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Posts: 20,771
Kaufman Report, Ranks Utah #1 in 'Dynamism"

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695213849,00.html

Forbes and CNBC have said the state has the nation's hottest economy, but Huntsman is most excited that the Kauffman Report ranked Utah No. 1 in "Dynamism," a measure of entrepreneurship and enthusiasm that the governor said positions the state to deal with what he said are major global economic shifts.


..
     
     
  #2399  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 12:01 PM
SLC Projects's Avatar
SLC Projects SLC Projects is offline
Bring out the cranes...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 6,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
You're right SLCforme, I dug this announcement up from a previous post. So then, what the heck is going on over on 900 south?

I also have no idea what's going on on 900 S. and State. I'm trying to think what is on 900 S. and state. I know it is near that sears store. But what ever is going on there I bet Viperlord might know. LOL
     
     
  #2400  
Old Posted Sep 28, 2007, 5:02 PM
Wasatch_One's Avatar
Wasatch_One Wasatch_One is offline
Wen Lambo
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxSprawler View Post
I believe it was the store Crate and Barrell you weren't educated enough to get.

The Cheesecake Factory is generally located in mid to high end malls in suburbia, and I agree that the food is overrated, but still good.

Crate and Barrell... Cheesecake Factory.... they both start with "C" haha
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump



Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 3:36 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.